Major infrastructure upgrade and warning about fake sites!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about the people who fall for these fake sites. I feel the people who are informed enough to know about this site would also know what is the fake one. But then again, we are also constantly reminding each other to not flame translators who are translating for free yet we still have those people too.

@hehelolomar - Just to let you know. You're not alone. I want it too. It's the one feature this site doesn't have and because of that, has caused me to turn to "that" site when I know some certain chapters would trigger some fun comments. But MD has consider the featured and decided against it. It's too bad but gotta appreciate what we have.

Contributor
I will report these clones as pishing website, but i dunno if it wil have some effect, this happen when you gain popularity, unavoidable, is a sign you are doing the right thing and very well. Good job MD. 😍
The monthly cost are very high, surprised you can survive without ads and with only donations, i can do my best from my side once in a while when i can.

I want to set up a monthly subscription, but it looks like the options for the amount contributes are fixed ($5, 10, 15, 20, etc.) Is it possible to specify my own amount?

Power Uploader
I've decoded the HEX text by @Nullify and providing it as image so that people can report it.
b1X7HT6.png

Please don't report .moe as plykiya explained it.

Dex-chan lover
I just wanna say my thanks for the hard work you guys put in to maintain the site as thanks! 😃

One of the things I've really liked is what you mentioned @Holo about linking to the official english versions so people can purchase them if they want. I've lately bought the last 3 Volumes of Takane to Hana and P to JK digital thanks to these links so thanks for that!

Considering costs are gonna go up now from 8TB to 16TB servers have there been any thought about maybe make it so people can do a "monthly sub" like on crunchyroll/wakanim/and what not where maybe users who did so could get the privilege of having a minor gif as their user profile or glowing text name (Sort of like Discord Nitro etc) ?

Miku best girl
Admin
@kraize

Good to hear that people actually use those links and buy official stuff!

Subs are already a thing, check out the support page.

Supporters will be getting a feature like that soon - we haven't had time to implement it as we were focused on other things. But now that the site is running stable even at peak times, we will have time to work on stuff like supporter features.

Contributor
Even better than the options supporting the English release have been the Japanese ones. Not to snub ALL English releases, but the fact of the matter is that most series go unlicensed, so still having some way to show support readily available to readers is great. Japanese sites can sometimes be a bit of a hurdle for people to understand, but it's really not hard to register to any of them.

Actually I'd probably suggest a basic how to tutorial on registering to such Japanese online stores if you haven't already, but I digress.

Please add a advanced search option that would be worth a donation:
advanced mode search with full Boolean expressions using tag names instead of numbers. But, do so without any SQL Injection vulnerability.
i.e. (ecchi or smut) and not (Shoujo_Ai or Shounen_Ai or Yaoi or Yuri)

is a Reindeer
VIP
@DGodfrey You can already change tag inclusion and exclusion modes using and/or
This is what the search you just stated would look like
7f0609d1b1.png

What would be the major difference in changing it to tag names instead of numbers?

I rarely do something like reporting things but it's so hard to get good things like MangaDex these days. This is my first time reporting phishing sites. Thanks for your hard work.

People know no shame.
I think you were deliberately targeted. If not, other sites will definitely go through the same thing.
No need to strike back. Although some people in my group (international groups) already use other sites (because they don't know), over time the demand will decrease by itself.

MrE

Chapters have been really slow to load since the latest DDOS attack, is there anyway to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread