Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
Undead are undead. Her research was solely for her own self satisfaction. You’d think if she had that ability to actually resurrect people she would have done so with her pet. Instead she wound up with zombie archers. She is irredeemable. The group only empathized with her original motivations but she was way past the point of forgiveness in her actions to that point

Dex-chan lover
And the story is doomed to repeat itself because all those necromancy researches would be needed to be re-done from the scratch by next immortality seeker.
+
This comment section... When orcs were introduced, elf raid would be no brainer one-sided orcicide, but current stereotypes change things.

Fed-Kun's army
@fitizen it is illegal research that the academy would destroy anyway and so would the kingdom. The idea being if there is no information at all far fewer people would be willing to attempt such a path if there is nothing to go on. You have to remember Alicia was amazingly skilled which gave her a huge advantage in her research where the average person would require her research or someone else's to get anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
I like that they didn't just brush off Alice's life. They faced it and it made them question right and wrong. Last chapter it kind of felt like it was just being written off as she was a person who's only evil.

Dex-chan lover
I get the conflict about morals/justice that they are trying to convey but it bugs me that they also have absolutely no qualms about immediately burning the research. The research could have been used as evidence! I doubt her parents are going to sit quietly about linking their family name to her research. I mean the zombies turned to dust after being purified and the only other testimony is a corrupted noble looking for an out.

I get that the research is dangerous, especially in the wrong hands, but there could have been some useful and non-torture/gore based information.
Like:
1) devising counter necromancer measures.
2) Medical research pertaining to anatomy. (like an autopsy)
3) How she may have solved problems, or made discoveries, in her research that could applied to other fields.

They could have given the research someone respectable, trustworthy, and discrete to analyze it.

Who are they?

Obviously, Elves.

Now, if this was a hentai, I'd say they're about to be captured and held "hostage" by the orcs...but it isn't, so this is either an Orc Massacre, or an Elf Massacre. FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Dex-chan lover
@ CraniumAmbiguity
it wasn't just that the research was dangerous it was TABOO. a good part of this has to do with the morality of dabbling with the dead and the great temptation it posed to mortal beings. keeping the research would justify alice’s murder of the villagers and act as a precedence to other like minded individuals who might be tempted to act beyond the bounds of morality to satisfy their own self centred curiosity

Dex-chan lover
@CraniumAmbiguity as far as evidence goes, they didn't say they were burning her journals, just the research papers. They also had the note from the raided village.

Aggregator gang
The depiction of the beastkin's hands seem to change between chapters. Sometimes they are human hand with her paws on top, yet in this chapter it looks like she only has her paws.

I'm with @CraniumAmbiguity here, destruction of documentation almost aways leads to more loss than gain on the long term, even if it's taboo, there's aways something to learn with this kind of studies. Comparing with reality it's like we still use what we learnt sacrificing other people knowing they would die, or intentionally killing them, like the experiments the Nazis, Soviets, the Japanese and capitalists did in WWII and cold war

Users who are viewing this thread