Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 7 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
Page 15 panel 2 textbox 2 "My grades were at the bottom and ended up 7th in my grade" should probably be something more like "My grades stopped being at the bottom and I ended up 7th in my grade"

-
Anyway, thank you for your hard work.

Dex-chan lover
Page 15 panel 2 textbox 2 "My grades were at the bottom and ended up 7th in my grade" should probably be something more like "My grades stopped being at the bottom and I ended up 7th in my grade"
I actually did notice the strangeness of this sentence, but I thought it contained a hidden meaning if you read between the lines. Reviewing the raws again:
「底辺だった私の成績は最終的に学年で7位になっていた」
with Google, DeepL, my own small knowledge of JP, and even ChatGPT, it actually does mean she ultimately ends as 7th place despite being at the bottom of her class. Her grades "stopped being at the bottom" suggests that she got better. Cecilia being 7th despite being at the bottom probably contains the hidden meaning that only 7 people were present to graduate and the cause of that was probably because of Alice and her experiments. Of course, this is just speculation, but that's what I think it means.

Dex-chan lover
I actually did notice the strangeness of this sentence, but I thought it contained a hidden meaning if you read between the lines. Reviewing the raws again:
「底辺だった私の成績は最終的に学年で7位になっていた」
with Google, DeepL, my own small knowledge of JP, and even ChatGPT, it actually does mean she ultimately ends as 7th place despite being at the bottom of her class. Her grades "stopped being at the bottom" suggests that she got better. Cecilia being 7th despite being at the bottom probably contains the hidden meaning that only 7 people were present to graduate and the cause of that was probably because of Alice and her experiments. Of course, this is just speculation, but that's what I think it means.
Interesting..

The bit you quoted doesn't seem to say anything about the bottom though, just that she ended up 7th.

I'll accede that she might indeed have both ended up 7th and last, but judging from the rest of the chapter my guess would have been that she did improve herself, since that's the whole story there. Alice came to see her who had given up (because Alice devours those who have given up) but Cecilia, when faced with this ignoble end, pulled herself up and basically said I want to live/fight and got back to her studies (i.e. improved herself) which is also clearly spelled out by Alice as she backs off, no longer interested in the no longer suicidally desperate Cecila?

Aggregator gang
This was a very good arc. Cecilia and Glenn were goods characters, but damn...do I hate then...

I don't know if it's due to bad translation or just shitty writing but some of the sentences make no fucking sense and because of that some dialogues become illogical

Users who are viewing this thread