Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Vol. 7 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
While Alice's story is understandable, I find Cecilia's story to be incomprehensible. I guess I'll have to chalk it up to women's mysteriousness.
Also, Glenn is much younger than her? That's unexpected.

Dex-chan lover
Wait MTL can mix up “your” with “you’re”?
lmao I can't believe I missed that. That's on me cuz the MTL is "...has a sense of morals." I usually run the whole thing through Grammarly for last grammar and spell check, but it didn't catch it for some reason. My bad, ty for noticing it.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that as a court magician she could have done anything she wants, but instead she is into some Don juan.
"She can do anything she wants, but she's not allowed to do what she wants if I don't like it."

Freedom of choice includes the freedom to make choices even if they don't support your agenda.

Dex-chan lover
"She can do anything she wants, but she's not allowed to do what she wants if I don't like it."

Freedom of choice includes the freedom to make choices even if they don't support your agenda.
If she wants to be a slave to some dude who may or may not throw her out at a moment notice sure. I still will think she is dumb as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
If she wants to be a slave to some dude who may or may not throw her out at a moment notice sure. I still will think she is dumb as fuck.
Sure, but one character doing one dumb thing does jack for women's rights in any direction. If anything she exercises her full right to do what she wants, which indicates she has a better understanding of women's rights than anyone arguing she sets it back.

Dex-chan lover
So now we know why Glenn is the way he is and... he's still just a shithead. I look forward to the chapter where someone breaks many of his bones and he realises he's not a supreme being, standing above all others. Cecilia has kinda grown on me after that though, girl just needs to find her own worth.

Dex-chan lover
As evidenced by previous discussion there's a lot to talk about this chapter but revisiting Alice without condemning her actions reeks. Like really? We are taking the woman who killed dozens of people and sent bandits to a village who raped and killed a young bride. And then revisiting her with a character who basically says "boy I think I understand the feelings of the people who were killed by her". Like the appropriate response at the end should be "you need therapy", not "here, have this keepsake of a murderer".

Let alone taking destructive celebrity worship and framing it as "It isn't the celebrities fault these people are burnt away by them, they are just so strong and beautiful". Especially since in real life said people are far more petty, pathetic, and hypocritical than they portray(see cult leaders, fascist leaders, serial killers, etc etc). Even in anime this happens with Light from Death Note, Yoshikage Kira, Gendo Ikari, and most "charismatic" bad guys.

Dex-chan lover
As evidenced by previous discussion there's a lot to talk about this chapter but revisiting Alice without condemning her actions reeks. Like really? We are taking the woman who killed dozens of people and sent bandits to a village who raped and killed a young bride. And then revisiting her with a character who basically says "boy I think I understand the feelings of the people who were killed by her". Like the appropriate response at the end should be "you need therapy", not "here, have this keepsake of a murderer".

Let alone taking destructive celebrity worship and framing it as "It isn't the celebrities fault these people are burnt away by them, they are just so strong and beautiful". Especially since in real life said people are far more petty, pathetic, and hypocritical than they portray(see cult leaders, fascist leaders, serial killers, etc etc). Even in anime this happens with Light from Death Note, Yoshikage Kira, Gendo Ikari, and most "charismatic" bad guys.
Yeah all of that doesn't really sit right with me. No matter what the story says about Alice, the shit she pulled on the village is so damn vile, it's impossible to have any sympathy. I'd be more focused in trying to make her be forgotten by the world than trying to live her dream or something.

Dex-chan lover
anyone remember the chapter where they fought and killed Alice?

Dex-chan lover
Alice's story was about Justice being something relative and that there are times where your own justice might falter once you learn the truth. She got too closed up in her own world and did not understand/care about the consequences of her actions as she believed her undead research was for the greater good. Will talked about the what if she and Filia were friends or what if his father had been in the same situation. They still ended her and burned her research by principle, but on Alice's point of view her research was for the greater good, and Filia and everyone else was a necessary sacrifice, hence why justice is relative, since it depends on the person and their common sense. Alice's was warped, and it doesn't take much for your own to be warped as well.

It might seem difficult to understand, but it's easy to find people advocating for absurd authoritarian measures/policies claiming it's for the greater good and ignoring that other people may get hurt by it. So Alice is like those people in that their warped/narrow world view means they don't understand the consequences and ramifications of what they are advocating for/doing.

Dex-chan lover
Page 15:
COUNT MAGICIAN
Should have been:
COURT MAGICIAN

Or maybe:
AS THE COUNT'S MAGICIAN

9skPWWI.png

Users who are viewing this thread