Majutsu Gakuin wo Shuseki de Sotsugyoushita Ore ga Boukensha wo Hajimeru no wa sonna ni okashii darouka - Ch. 54

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone explain to me the rock mushroom's behaviour(?) again? I only rmb it was introduced when Will and Glenn had their meal together but it wasnt explained in that same chapter

Edit: nvm found it in chap 36

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Didn't expect rock mushrooms would have an important role. I guess that's why it was introduced much earlier on. Soon there'll be a school in sorcery that uses rock mushrooms. Then maybe merchandise as well. Like a 1/8 scale rock mushroom action figure. What action does it do? Nothing. It's a rock mushroom, what did you expect?
PatrickRocky-1.jpeg

Double-page supporter
Still can't get used to how the characters looks so very different between the Manga and the Light Novel.

For example, Glenn and Cecilia look like scumbag versions of Subaru and Emilia.
GNrPWS_asAAcmD4

Is the LN as funny as the manga? Part of what really works for me, is that the art really matches the jokes. The collage at the end of each chapter that Hjek098 puts together are just so great. If the LN sticks more towards the Serious side, that's less interesting to me.

And the predilections of the Rock Mushrooms, to dash around when in danger, may make them ill suited targets for the direct Meteo attack pattern. They're tossing them outside the range of the anti magic field, so it seems more likely that they're intended to be underfoot and a distraction, rather than hit and then be stuck like a upturned turtle on their backs (like what happens in Ch 36 with the cart.) This frustrates the Devil, and gives the troops a morale boost, seeing that he can be damaged and be made to look a fool.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is the LN as funny as the manga? Part of what really works for me, is that the art really matches the jokes. The collage at the end of each chapter that Hjek098 puts together are just so great. If the LN sticks more towards the Serious side, that's less interesting to me.

And the predilections of the Rock Mushrooms, to dash around when in danger, may make them ill suited targets for the direct Meteo attack pattern. They're tossing them outside the range of the anti magic field, so it seems more likely that they're intended to be underfoot and a distraction, rather than hit and then be stuck like a upturned turtle on their backs (like what happens in Ch 36 with the cart.) This frustrates the Devil, and gives the troops a morale boost, seeing that he can be damaged and be made to look a fool.
Yes. The catch is that the Light Novel highlighted the romance between Will and the girls whereas the manga ommited them.

It's kinda funny. The bulk of the Light Novel art is moments where the girls are flirting or thinking about Will while the manga highlights their adventures only, whicj is weird since it still hints they will become Will's concubines in the manga.
GKaxy2kXsAA82xE

GNsPjABaMAACU6G

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, I haven't seen a mangaka enhancing a story like this in a while, seriously this artist is amazing.
I absolutely love the manga art, while the LN art just feels generic to me.

It remind me of early One Punch Man when Murata was enhancing ONE's story, without all the shit he started to adding on to it.

le3

Dex-chan lover
Didn't expect rock mushrooms would have an important role. I guess that's why it was introduced much earlier on. Soon there'll be a school in sorcery that uses rock mushrooms. Then maybe merchandise as well. Like a 1/8 scale rock mushroom action figure. What action does it do? Nothing. It's a rock mushroom, what did you expect?
PatrickRocky-1.jpeg
I think this guy really like rock mushroom :v

Boss second phase cleared! Really love the strategy they used to whittle down the demon king in this fight, though I shudder if it's enough with just that....

Dex-chan lover
That transformation seems ominous, let's hope nothing bad will happen. Thanks for the translation !

Dex-chan lover
"It's been a few hours since he started destroying the prison," and immediately done. I mean, I know it's been quite some time in chapter length since he got imprisoned there, but putting it like that is a bit comical.

With that reasoning, to consider Weapon Shoot as defective means they never deal with anti-magic and always have a spell the enemy isn't resistant to.

Need to have goblin faces at some point. But not sure if that's the best way to use those shrooms.

Cavalry charge on a single enemy that isn't huge is a bit of a novelty.

Being Cyril is suffering.

Obligatory: “This isn’t even my second form” incoming.
The main characters haven't even arrived.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that king seems more evil than the demon lord XD
tanks for the food

Users who are viewing this thread