Male/Female Protagonist tags [Rejected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Currently reading "Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age" and now I want more bad isekai OP MC but female. These tags would help greatly in filtering searches. Also not every Shounen/Seinen has a male protagonist (Ex: Medaka Box) or Shoujo/Josei with male protags (Ex: Ore Monogatari). But what about series with multiple/no clear protagonists you ask (Ex: Fate/Strange Fake)? Boom: Ensemble cast tag. And no don't give me that "Would bloat tag list/More character tags would be requested/Too specific" stuff since Villainess is already a tag and it's a very specific character tag/subgenre of an already existing tag (Isekai) that argument holds no weight now.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Dex-chan lover
Better not open Pandora's box. Someone will freak out about labeling fictional characters.

Dex-chan lover
Its 3 tags now then more people are gonna ask for their preferred tags next thing you know it's brimming with them. If they at least had some value id say go for it but to just differentiate the gender of the MC is useless.
How is that useless? The gender of protagonists plays a massive role in series dynamics, especially in things like romance.

Honestly just a single tag for either male or female protagonists is sufficient if you ask me, because you can hide tags if you want to only see the other, sure it leaves gnc characters in the lurch but they're a much smaller minority than the female protags that are already frustratingly hard to find.

The only way I can imagine anyone not taking issue with this is happening to prefer the norm of male protags for their average reading.

Hell, reverse harem somehow warrants a separate tag even though being realistic there's no reason that can't fit under just harem. It's unreasonable. That tag effectively only even means "this is a female protag, but also harem series" and yet the more applicable and broad version of that tag can't exist? If you added a gender tag you'd have full justification for removing the reverse harem tag since you'd just combine them for desired results, no increase.

Dex-chan lover
Why am I being tagged in this old ass thread. Guys it's been rejected stop beating the dead horse and get over it if you don't like it talk to the mods.
giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a good suggestion to me, I'm sick of having to weed through all the female MC mangas. It's just not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread