Manga, Manhua, Manhwa with reincarnated mc that isn't a generic copy paste

Hi, I'm looking for something like The Urban Immortal Cultivator, A wild Last Boss appeared, The mage reincarnated after 4000 years. A story with a somewhat detached mc that actually uses his/her brain.

Basically a fantasy or reincarnation or back to the past manga/manhua/Manhwa with an mc that isn't your generic copy-paste kirito, edgey avenger, or copy-paste isekai mc. You know the type that permeates low-quality reincarnation/isekai. The insuferable Op, braindead, annoying, doesn't get anything done, short black hair, is in an unreciprocated harem, has a cheat, is a moralizing hypocrite etc.

I'm looking for a story with an mc that thinks about what they are doing and isn't some rush in and save everyone without even thinking about the situation white knight.

If anyone has any recommendations, let me know.

Most of these manga are relatively popular, so you may already be aware of them; regardless, here's my list:

Saihate no Paladin (Reincarnation + Isekai)

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (Reincarnation + Isekai)

The Beginning After the End (Reincarnation + Isekai) (Not on Mangadex, but on other sites)

Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute (Reincarnation + Isekai)

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (Reincarnation as a monster + Isekai)

Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra (Reincarnation + Isekai)

Solo Bug Player (Reincarnation + Isekai)

SSS-Class Suicide Hunter (Reincarnation, Death Loops like Re:Zero)

Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta - Ibara no Dragon Road (Reincarnation as a monster + Isekai)

Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ (Anime recently released)

Virus Tensei kara Hajimaru Isekai Kansen Monogatari (Not sure if it's good yet, but it's unique.)

Path of the Shaman (Only 8 chapters, but it's good so far.)

Past Life Regressor (S1 is very slow, and focuses on economics. S2 should be releasing soon. Hopefully.)

Crimson Karma (Reincarnation + Isekai)

The Undead Lord of the Palace of Darkness (Reincarnation)

A Returner's Magic Should Be Special (Time travel + reincarnation)

Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha (Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's a good manga regardless)

Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon (Time Loops. Similar to Re: Zero, with more focus on story. Really good, I'd definitely recommend it.)

FFF-Class Trashero (Isekai)

Murim Login (Isekai, not reincarnation)

fff-class trashero does technically fall under the short black hair and edge qualifiers, but the mc is anything but generic.
Undead lord is a very good one, not many chapters out right now though, honestly all of technomancer's recommends are decent - good.
Welcome to Japan elf-san is a nice, fun read, no harem but a defined love interest.
The lady and the beast is good
Necromancer maid is, very technically, an isekai.
demon academy misfit is an excellent parody of the genre
slime datta ken is quite honestly, the best recommendation out of both technomancer's and my lists.
since you're looking for something along the lines of great mage, new life + might be a good suggestion.
The Live fits some of your requirements.
"Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?" is, by definition, an isekai. However it does not have many of the standard elements
Kill the hero is a reincarnation manga with a very strategy heavy plot
survival of the sword king does have a seemingly stereotypical mc at first, but it gets much better very quickly
I have more if you want any more suggestions.

@varrock1 Honestly, if we're going with "reincarnation" manga, then there's plenty of fish in the sea, like Bokura no Kiseki (reincarnation with politics and mystery), Oshi no Ko (revenge but not cliche), Boku no Chikyuu o Mamotte (heavy drama + romance), or even Roujoteki Shoujo Hinata (plain ol' SoL), etc etc, but that doesn't seem to be what you're looking for.

I guess I would recommend these. All of them have protagonists that are fun to follow (some seriously atypical, some coming close but still different enough):
JK Haru for an interesting read with a compelling MC.
I Became the Mother of The Strongest Demon Lord's 10 Children in Another World for some comedy and weirdness.
Tensei Shichattayo (Iya, Gomen) for a lighthearted read (admittedly I'm way behind releases on this one but it started off well).
The New Gate for a slightly more melancholic manga.
This Girl Is a Little Wild- wait I can't put this here
Yuusha Yamemasu for really beautiful character development, except it isn't reincarnation or isekai, but hey it's pretty close.
+1 to Saihate no Paladin for a rather sad manga at times, with likable characters.
The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic for a simplistic read, which I'm also lagging behind in, but it's quite fun.
Takarakuji de 40 oku Atatta ndakedo Isekai ni Ijuu Suru for one of the slow life type isekai.

@PantsMan that can't actually exist?! Oh man, I have to read this.

@O-Takuni

Thank you, there's some good ones in there. I read thirteen of the new gate novels. It's a laid-back fun read.

@PantsMan

Absolutely love that one.

@kkyuuu

I'll check that out.

@Drailis

I like a lot of those, Any other suggestions would be great.

@XTechnomancer

Great recommendations. I especially love past life regressor, solo bug player and murim login.

Thanks again, everyone.

@varrock1
I'll dig up some suggestions, my follow list will have some (reasonably it has to have at least a couple more out of 508 titles)

seirei gensouki has some of the elements you don't like, but it's also got some of them that you're looking for
dungeon reset is a pretty funny read
Eiyuu-ou, Bu wo Kiwameru tame Tenseisu is a reincarnation manga with a decently unique mc
S-Rank Monster no Behemoth Dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Erufu Musume no Kishi (Pet) Toshite Kurashitemasu I'm not really big on all the ecchi, but it's a decent reincarnation manga
Beware of The Villainess! It's not the standard bakarina ripoff, it's very good
Akuyaku Reijou Nanode Rasubosu wo Katte Mimashita good characters, no harem, nice read, finished
Konjiki no Word Master has an MC with a very defined personality, wants, interests, and flaws. Good read
Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai Good story, the mc has some very special abilities
The King of Fantasy, iz funny (deliberate misspell)
Isekai Tensei Soudouki It's a 3 in 1 deal
Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai Desu, MC only really cares about a couple things, the opinions others have about him is not one of them.
Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru, read it, now
I have more if you want, but I have to stop for now
(by the way, if you're going to start sss-class suicide hunter, I also recommend reading the novel, it's one of the best I've read in a while)

Users who are viewing this thread