Manga with good art but meh story

Dex-chan lover
If you read manga for a while you must be encountering a manga with very superb art but meh story. I just want make thread for it

Dex-chan lover
Kure-nai.
This manga charmed me when I was in junior high school. The early arcs were good, then it starts to fall off in the middle because of the excessive harem trope.
AND WHAT THE HELL IS THAT POWER OF LOVE BULLSHIT AT THE END? FFS SHINKURO JUST BEAT THAT ALCOHOLIC BITCH ASS DRUNK FUCK WITH YOUR POWER!!! THAT WAS SUCH A CHEAP FUCKING ENDING GGGRRRRHHHHHH

excuse me...

Dex-chan lover
yeah, Bleach and Air Gear,
but rather than 'meh story' from the start, I'd say that they used to have a good initial story
and just went downhill in the latter arcs

I finished bleach after dropping it once just because I wanted to see the ending, since I've already followed it for so many years,
but for air gear,
yeah,
now that I think bout it, the art is the only thing that kept me reading through that last fights
because that was some confusing fights alright
(man, I also remember about the boob size reduction)

so on that note,
I guess for me "good art but meh story" is mostly those with beautiful depiction of ... *cough *cough ... bodies and boobs and such that kept me reading through the end just to admire the art no matter how weird the story has become,
thus, without mentioning any hentai, then for me maybe:
  • Ex-Arm (the manga, of course, not the anime)
  • anything from Yabuki Kentarou (I liked black cat, but I mostly read toloveru and ayakashi just for the art)
  • Lust Geass (I remember being mesmerized by the visuals of one or two characters there)
  • Isekai de slow life ganbou (well, it is drawn by a hentai artist, so...)
  • that one doctor isekai story with a very good art and shading
  • another doctor isekai that is also drawn by a hentai artist (I remember the artist: kakao)
  • destiny unchain online (I don't see anything new from the story, so overdone, but I kind of like the art that I haven't drop it yet)
  • a rank party something something (another generic overdone fantasy/adventurer story, but I think the art is good)
  • the isekai killer story

man, that's a lot

Dex-chan lover
yeah, Bleach and Air Gear,
but rather than 'meh story' from the start, I'd say that they used to have a good initial story
and just went downhill in the latter arcs

I finished bleach after dropping it once just because I wanted to see the ending, since I've already followed it for so many years,
but for air gear,
yeah,
now that I think bout it, the art is the only thing that kept me reading through that last fights
because that was some confusing fights alright
(man, I also remember about the boob size reduction)

so on that note,
I guess for me "good art but meh story" is mostly those with beautiful depiction of ... *cough *cough ... bodies and boobs and such that kept me reading through the end just to admire the art no matter how weird the story has become,
thus, without mentioning any hentai, then for me maybe:
  • Ex-Arm (the manga, of course, not the anime)
  • anything from Yabuki Kentarou (I liked black cat, but I mostly read toloveru and ayakashi just for the art)
  • Lust Geass (I remember being mesmerized by the visuals of one or two characters there)
  • Isekai de slow life ganbou (well, it is drawn by a hentai artist, so...)
  • that one doctor isekai story with a very good art and shading
  • another doctor isekai that is also drawn by a hentai artist (I remember the artist: kakao)
  • destiny unchain online (I don't see anything new from the story, so overdone, but I kind of like the art that I haven't drop it yet)
  • a rank party something something (another generic overdone fantasy/adventurer story, but I think the art is good)
  • the isekai killer story

man, that's a lot
Even most isekai trash can have good premise or initial story though.
So saying Air Gear and Bleach used to have good story is nothing.
Since both of them have meh story but good score for art.

Personally I always think Bleach as reverse HxH.
One have amazing story but questionable art.
And the other have amazing art but questionable story.

Dex-chan lover
most? not really,
more like "some" or even "just a handful"

So saying Air Gear and Bleach used to have good story is nothing.
well, no
because with air gear and beach, I find them interesting long enough to get invested in it
no matter how the art is
I mean, look at the initial art of bleach
it was nothing good like after it got mature

whereas I think all isekai that I mentioned here is just bad story from the start
(cut the chase and prolog, isekai, bla bla bla, get the girl since chapter 1)
but they have good art that makes me want to see where it goes

Double-page supporter
You mean...
I died from truck-kun/overwork/(insert whatever you like) and reincarnated in another world where I have to kill demon lord
kind of premise and initial story?
lol nope

Dex-chan lover
Personally I always think Bleach as reverse HxH.
Togashi lazy af man... He sometimes lock in

But even in his laziness he still get that good story going. Probably Nen by far the best power system in entire manga and anime.

Dex-chan lover
Really a shame, they had potential on industry if they were paired with right people

Making manga doesn't always be alone, one can make story one draw
that is so true
and I especially feel bad when this "good art, meh story" happens to manga that has different author and artist,
because in my mind, it was like "man, you picked the wrong story to draw"

Dex-chan lover
Some korean webtoons have some shiny/'pretty' art (and full color) that does look good but some stories are a bit generic as well, or some blend together with how long some series are lol

Group Leader
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in the Real World, Too. That one where the dude has high dex but shit stats every else. Not manga but honorable mention solo leveling.

Users who are viewing this thread