MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, I’m out of my depth when it comes to understanding most of this technical info, but I want to say thanks to Holo and express appreciation!

IMO this site is 20x what B*t*** ever was, and I bet a lot of that is due to your work! Thank you, Holo!

Aggregator gang
Pls do update the site defenses against attacks. Kissmanga was under siege for lots of different fronts and now kissmanga is no more those bastards will proceed to use those attacks someqhere else, and if mangadex is not prepared it may get shot down. A goood example is, does mangadex has defenses against DDOS

Dex-chan lover
Six Title Restrictions

Woah woah woah woah woah, really buried the lead there didn't ya. "Mangadex's days are numbered" should be the title of this thread.

>The site will continue to operate with pretty much no difference.
>six, very popular titles restricted btw
I guess it literally can not be helped

Supporter
Thank you for your work, Holo. I've been mainlining manga for the past couple of years and I've not looked back. It's been great.

As for the titles, Act Age getting put into the annuls of history isn't surprising, and the other 5 titles are available through official translations... it's no wonder that a written statement was issued for their removal. It's hardly the end.

Empires will rise and fall, but cat-ears are eternal.

@KingHarkinian The external thing is literally listed right in the first post. Because unlike HenatHome, you arent providing SINGLE images. Youre serving WHOLE chapters

Dex-chan lover
The reason why other manga sites aren't being taken down is because, most of the workers of [insert name English manga/distribution] company can't read other mangas other than their ownfor free.
So they target easy-to-kill manga sites, to show "their doing their job"
But hey, that's just a theory, a manga theory!
...or is it?
*X-files music*

Sigh. Let me guess, soon you will be removing all scans of licensed series. And after that unlicensed series will get taken down too because of take down notices.

Dex-chan lover
in regard of all weeb here, we give our farewall to Holo
good luck sir o7

Aggregator gang
@Halo I was not refering to them in that statement. The ones doing DDoS and the like to manga sites are most of the time anime&manga haters with nothing better to do.

Dex-chan lover
@Treyon ah, yes, of course. Because only anime haters would have a problem with sites like Kissmanga that host scans of official translations.

But to answer your original question: yes, MD has a DDoS protection. If you scroll down you'll see it: Path Network, one of the affiliates.

What's the other companies stopping them from sending further take down requests for other popular manga now if it seems like it work ,seems like a slippery slope to me.

LMAO people worried about this takedown setting a precedent, as if the official companies holding the licenses/rights didn't already have all the legal justification to go after pirates in the first place.
Seriously, even if you can't find [X series] on MangaDex specifically, there's literally hundreds more websites (of varying sketchiness and trustworthiness) just waiting to be clicked on.

Fed-Kun's army
RIP Holo. Good luck in future endeavors. Your eternal Christmas spirit will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread