MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
Because Viz still owns the license for it's distribution and the Artist doesn't want to be associated with the Author anymore. So all distribution is being stopped and they are requesting it get taken down where they can.

Dex-chan lover
@manabi
Login is unnecessary it seems.
Options>Websites>Options>MD Language.
It doesn't recognize render Chinese language properly for me, however.

Dex-chan lover
@phoenix_eD You should login still, otherwise you may get compressed images. MangaDex serves those by default to non-logged-in users.

Might want to file an issue report on Github and let them know about the Chinese language issue. I'm sure they'll want to fix it.

@RonBWL be real, "the official translation is almost two years behind" is the main the reason scanlation goes ahead. 😆

@pernodi: isn't the author being a shithead a more legit reason than competition with official versions?

Dex-chan lover
@Granitefish That author really fucked up bad. I don't think I've ever seen a reaction quite this strong over a manga dropped because the author and/or artist did something illegal before.

@bastek66

Because the writer of the series sexually harassed/molested two middle school girls and got arrested. He confessed when they showed him video of his actions and told him what the two girls reported. The artist has cut ties with the series.

Contributor
@ashfilledwords So fucking what? This site host pirated content. They uploaded official rips due to AA having licence expired so why delete it now? Why Viz DMCA'ed MD for content they renounced?
Edit nevermind @Granitefish answered.

So is Holo still gonna go around here and chat with everyone?? I hope is still around even if he is no longer part of the management.

Double-page supporter
Cant you guys... i dont know... put the chapters unacessibly for 1 month them bring it back?
i really dont want this to happen man...

Fed-Kun's army
@qwaser5r they can't. well, they technically could, but it wouldn't end well, as then Viz would have legitimate reason to have MD shut-down permanently. then we'd lose EVERYTHING, not just a few manga. and i highly doubt that MD staff can pull a "piratebay"(aka just keep jumping from host to host to evade being shut down)

Power Uploader
@alifanfaron Yeah there's that, but I can see why some series become targeted because the fan translation is pushed out so fast that it now actually competes with the official English release, whether intentionally or not :v

Double-page supporter
@weirdblackcat them i guess whis marks the beggining of the end of Mangadex?
Dont having official chapters and proibinting their uploads is a thing, i can agree with that, but, stopping and preventing any fanwork now to? i dont like of what i'v see from M+ (which i really dislike), i dont live in the US so VIZ is out of reach for me( we just have physical volumes in my country), this is really going a step down for mangadex, so, i would like for the piratebay option if they can do.

Sorry for the long rant, this type of thing really pisses me off...

Double-page supporter
WAAAAAH
PIRATING IS HARD
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
MANGADEX IS BAD
WAAAAAAAAH

Contributor
@Qwaser5r

There are thousands of series still here which have not been licensed (or are unable to). MangaDex still serves a purpose.

Contributor
What sucks the most are all older versions of OPM chapters that weren't collected in tankobons due to redraws. Hopefully they are archived somewhere for better times.

Just going to point out that the predecessor site Batoto also complied with dmca takedowns when the licensing company issued them so this is really nothing new. I suppose the difference here is at least MD is giving a heads up before the files get taken down as opposed to after.

Dex-chan lover
Smell ya later, @Holo.
jUp5e6m.gif

6f8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread