MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Enjoy your retirement, Holo.

Do we know if the takedown notices are cause for concern yet? I can't help but feel paranoid about these things.

MD@Home
I hope you enjoy retirement Holo! Thanks for all your work making this such a great site!

I would encourage anyone with the upload speed to join MD at Home. I'm not the most technically savvy guy and the people on the discord are friendly and helped me get things working.

Power Uploader
@yerrrrrrrrrrr if it comes from the same company that caused MD to blackout for a week because of an accidental uploaded chapter, you know it's not a drill

Act-Age is dead. Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba is over. One Piece and My Hero Academia are translated by MP+, so those getting fucked up is all fine. However, OPM and Gokushufudou had their translations uploaded here first. Following these will be annoying if they are kicked off MD...

Group Leader
I get why they want to take down the mentioned 5 series, but why the fuck is act-age on that list lmao
tC1d9My.png

It's dead and it's not like they ever cared for it. Unless they just want to get rid of all traces of it.

Double-page supporter
Holo are you still doing your other projects? Seed box and all that?

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I just want to note that we're looking at all of our options right now. We restricted those titles out of an abundance of caution. They are not necessarily locked down forever.

Dex-chan lover
Holo Officially Retiring
Who? Oh right the admin he's been gone for so long I forgot his name.
lol jk rest well man take z with you plz

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
@Darkmeep only MD, his other projects basically run themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the hard work Holo!

Also hopefully Viz has a plan to put chapter-by-chapter releases of OPM and House Husband up because their current plan for those series is "volume releases that lag approximately seventeen years behind the current Japanese releases" which is not really conducive to keeping up with them. This is especially rough for OPM with its constant redraws, which are completely at odds with volume releases.

e: Never mind! I was mistaken. Apparently searching viz for OPM just doesn't show you the chapter by chapter release.

If you have a sub, here's the link: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-punch-man

Double-page supporter
Big fucking OOF for Tatsu and Miku's adventure... Gokushufudou is extremely hilarious.

Take care Holo! Thanks for your hard work and all MD team. Stay safe.

Is there no way to battle againts this takedown notices? If so I'm afraid that this will just keep increasing as MD becomes more popular.

Sayonara Holo, thank you for all these 3 years. Enjoy irl. I will look at mikudex to remember you by!

Dex-chan lover
How unfortunate, I'm honestly surprised of the takedown notice of Act-Age, out of the few I thought they would take down, I wouldn't think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread