MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
Act-Age was likely hit because the Artist no longer wants to be associated with the Author, so they are probably trying to remove the chapters in an attempt to respect that

Been here since the site's inception and I just want to say it has been a really wild ride.

A really big thank you to you Holo for all that you've done for this site. I hope you fare well IRL and all your future endeavors.

Also rip OPM and House Husband.

If you received takedown notices, take those titles down from the site and scrub them from the main servers. You don't want your servers to be seized. If scanlation groups want to keep doing it, put the risk and liability on them to host it on their own sites.

Group Leader
So if say, one wanted to bulk download a series before tonight, how would one do so, if it's not against site rules?

from whom the takedown notice from? Viz?

Viz already abandon Act Age, the scrubbed it from their server.

I guess offsite site to host those titles so that MD won't get affected.

Group Leader
Lastly, we have received a legitimate take down notice for these series:

That's a horrible precedent since it opens the possibility for others to send more take-down notices. Comes to mind the case of the scumbags at irodori that send take-down requests for stuff they haven't yet licensed IIRC.

Dex-chan lover
Act Age truly is a legendary title.
I can't remember how many entity/people tried to remove it from history of manga. 😅

And it is sad that OPM got hit as well.

Contributor
@Sullieman

The difference here being that the company which sent the takedown notices was Viz, a legit company.

Not to mention that while the takedown notices are tough to deal with, four of the six series can be accessed in the Shounen Jump vault with a VPN and $2 for a month’s worth of access. Only problems right now are House Husband (we need to wait for volume releases) and Act-Age (which is purged everywhere for understandable reasons).

One possible suggestion for DMCA-d titles: maybe in the description, explain the situation as well as the easiest way to obtain the series legally? I could put them in the descriptions if need be.

Dex-chan lover
i only read One Punch Man , never did and never will read other 5 titles , lol .

one piece ... of fece , aka none piece , is trash .

my ZERO academy is also trash .

act-age , aka attack-teen-age-girls , lol . its author mimicked the loser mumen rider and attacked teenagers while riding a cheap bicycle . and other authors of shonen jump aka shonen dump , should be arrested too , lol , for creating bad manga-s .

Dex-chan lover
With Holo gone can we change MikuDex to NinoDex? Pretty please?

JK, GL Holo on your journey. Thanks for the hardwork!

Thanks for the hard work Holo. Hope things go well in your life.

Now about those titles, the One Piece reddit already pretty much switched to the official translations since they have those, but we only have the latest 3 chapters in that site. Imgur stuff gets deleted after some days, so Mangadex was the only good place to re-read it properly, truly unfortunate. With OPM and I assume Gokushufu and MHA too, they'll probably have to switch to just using imgur for some days after release and then relying on sketchy sites.

Welp, bye bye One Punch Man I guess. Mob Psycho will always be better nonetheless.
Goddammit i had The way of the Househusband on my planned reads for ever and now its gonne.
I guess I would watch the Demon Slayer anime then. And dont know anything of Act-Age.
One Piece an My Hero Academia are trash in my opinion and can burn in hell.

Is this the first time there have been takedown notices addressed to MD? It's kinda amazing how MD managed to stay under radar for so long. I of course hope that the titles are not taken down as requested, but realistically speaking that's highly unlikely. I guess it's a matter of time before the floodgates of DMCA open

Man Holo, I have much respect for you, where ever you are now, I hope you good luck

And can we have a hall of fame-like rank to those retired that did a lot for this site, holo have first picking for that

Group Leader
@Xunder
ZWuGXHG.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread