MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faster than i predicted 🤣
Maybe i should wait until next week, so i can watch any manga without getting an error lmao

Can you just give us a PayPal account we can send funds to? I've never used Patreon but that's an option. Just something other than advertisements.
I went these past few days not reading manga just because it was that bad on other sites. I'll start donating something just to not go towards ads.
If last resort is ads, then please incorporate an ads free membership platform for paying subscribers. I think I can at least start paying $5 a month

Supporter
Welcome back, my absolute favourite website!

Would it be possible to receive a mention or something when the next sponsorship/support program/payment processor has been worked out? I'm afraid I might forget to set up the new one otherwise. :/

Dex-chan lover
New domain isn't accessible in Opera Mobile data-saving servers or my provider default dns, I doubt you guys blocked them so maybe just blanket .cc blacklist on my/Opera side
Just for info

@Kanami-chan
Can't argue with that, but they're also blood thirsty mother fuckers. They will shut down anyone who dips their hand in their pot, as demonstrated by Mangastream.

Fed-Kun's army
@twfnowaifu
The idea itself isn't that bad IFF it is implemented correctly and transparently. It would be sth. akin to the current Guardian model which works well for me.

I see the concern of going down that slippery slope, though! Maybe as a (very) last resort.

As to MD being back on track: Damn that I found the .cc domain! My addiction to manga would've been better off if I had to wait for the .org domain to come back online.
Still, now I get my fix of mangas.

Group Leader
@lightingcloud I've read through the announcement, and all the comments in this thread, but I still haven't found the answer to my question (maybe I'm blind). Can you just say yeah or nah and/or point me to the comment that answers it, mucho gracias.

Oof i cant see ma image its said fail to load click to load the image and i click it but it still error

I was able to recompile tachiyomi mangadex extension. Finally i can read manga, and damn so many updates.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rOxwpim_7PdHNTRl-jN2IMDcfKrL9-jD/view?usp=drivesdk
Note:
-Uninstall 1st mangadex extension
-Install my modified mangadex extension
-In Tachiyomi>Extension> click Trust on the mangadex extension.
--This is just a temporary solution, you must uninstall this when mangadex.org is back and install the official extentension.

Dex-chan lover
@Tanterei If you implement that, Mangadex can be considered a paid service, that is, a business, just like some video streaming site, where you get free access (restrictions may apply) with ads or you pay a monthly fee for premium access without ads. Publishers might be more lenient with a non-licensed scanlations site that clearly isn't out for money than one that looks like a business. This is especially true when you consider the USA is full of troll lawyers looking for easy money. Japan itself has very draconian copyright laws and they are enforced eagerly, but traditionally the Japanese publishers have largely ignored the world outside of Japan's own borders (because they can't even communicate with anyone). However, they do sell licenses when they can, for the little extra money they can get out of it. It's really pushing them if you launch a business selling their works without any licenses. It would also look aggravating in the eyes of legit license holders even if the series represented weren't in a conflict.

In other words, you can't implement it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread