MangaDex Is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Old chapters are fully working here as well.

Maybe only some servers work, so if it isn't working for you, try going into the reader settings after selecting a chapter, check 'Advanced Settings', pick a server, save the settings, and refresh the page.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Things are being fucky at the moment because of... various issues

Some images may load, others won't, refreshing might fix it or it might break it

It's getting late here so things are just going to have to be kind of... whatever

Changing the image server from the reader won't work currently

Fed-Kun's army
Even knowing that MangaDex is coming back is enough to make me warm all inside.

I hope everything will work out in the end.

Good luck!

@genR
Oh, that clears things up. Now that I think about it I was being stupid, mangadex had multiple imageservers, so there's no way it's run from some random guy's basement.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't mind a little bit of ads as long as it isn't made in an intrusive way, obviously pop ups and ads all over the page would be annoying as hell but stuff like ads below the chapter I'm reading or between lists while I scroll through them don't annoy me too much.

Group Leader
I don't know much about server 'n stuff, but I'd like to make some rough estimates of the ETA using math!
According to Plykiya, there are about 9 TB of storage = 9216 GB.
I suppose Mangadex uses gigabit bandwidths so the line speed should be around 280 GB/hour (according to this site)
and that translates to about 1.37 days to move that 9 TB chunk of scans.
Of course, that's just from one server to another, and mangadex has multiple servers (I'm a total noob so I'd count 6 from here, correct me if I'm wrong).
If they have to move data server by server, then it'd take as long as 8.22 days!
In conclusion, it'd be anywhere between 1.5 days (which is not the case anyway) to 8 days.
It's gonna be a tough week...but it's nothing at all compared to losing the site! Thank you very much, all mangadex staff! You're all heroes of the otaku community!

MD@Home
@Shin_968
Images are staying right where they are on the platter. The issue was the domain change and the codebase not designed for multiple domains. Now, the issue is just caching and Holo not being awake to flush the cache

I can't upload new chapter here since yesterday. The chapters that i upload before don't show up in chapter list of manga that I post. Help me!

Dex-chan lover
@Shin_968 I thought some MD staff member had to upload it all again to the new server(s) from their local backup, taxing whatever net connection they happened to have. But if they can still transfer from the old servers directly, it certainly would help a lot.

Group Leader
temporary fix for tachiyomi mangadex.cc https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/el67r5/release_mangadexcc_fix_for_tachiyomi_android/

MD@Home
3. Following the termination of our reseller's support and handling of our donations, the existing donation method is no longer a viable option. Active supporters will have been sent an email about this. We are currently looking into alternative methods of support. With ads as a last resort.
I'm okay with ads, but nsfw ads/pop ups in every manga page is big NO for me.

Dex-chan lover
i dont care if u have to use ads. as long as it doesnt hinders my reading experience, it a-okay.

some manga won't upload to me though, and i know you still moving some of data, so take your time, i won't bother at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread