Mangadex thinks im a robot after 10 ish chapters

Mangadex thinks i'm a robot after 10 ish chapters and its getting annoying because it its not a popup but u need to reload the page every time to fix it and i'm even logged in still it happens is there a fix to this and i read 50 ish mangas each day

Dex-chan lover
@HaseoYamazaki Or maybe normal manga readers just want to read manga and not worry about constantly running into a page that thinks you're a bot?

I've been getting the recapcha every hour and the fact that I have no choice but to use my small phone to be on this site is making things painfully difficult for me to continue to read or even interact with the site

@darkomantis I was referring to the attacker, from what I can see with my workstation, the ddoser clearly someone butthurt over something to do with mangadex and is acting like child ( very dumb child at that) their methodology is and means of execution in the attack is outdated by at least 7-8 years, so injunction with that this seems like the work of 3rd rate anonymous reject even they couldn't use on a good day.

Dex-chan lover
The thing that most annoys me is repeatedly being told to allow five seconds for a process that often takes ten seconds and sometimes loops back to another check.

(Also, the people behind Captcha don't seem to know the difference between a crosswalk in general and a marked crosswalk in particular; I hope that they all lose their driver licenses.)

Miku best girl
Admin
Just bear in mind that the attacker hasn't actually managed to deny service yet, which is the point of a DDoS attack, lol.
All the attacks so far have therefore failed.

Contributor
@Holo

I'm not sure that this counts as a fail. The DDoSer is making Mangadex incredibly frustrating to use. They may not be shutting down the entire site, but I'm sure there's been more than a few users who've gone elsewhere because of Cloudflare.

I'm getting half-way through a chapter, then the pages stop loading. I have to refresh, then answer a Captcha or 5, then get a redirect failure error, refresh again, answer another few Captchas, then when I finally prove I'm not a robot, I get sent to the mangadex homepage instead of back to the chapter I was halfway through reading. It was honestly better when I had to wait 5 minutes for a chapter to load than having to constantly answer captchas.

I love this site, and appreciate everything you guys do for us readers and the scanlation community. I also know the DDoS is at fault and you're all doing the best you can to mitigate, but there has to be a better way to deal with the DDoS than this.

Dex-chan lover
I get that there's a need to stop DDoS attacks, but the constant "Verify you are real! Verify you are real! BWAAAAWK!!!" is irritating as all get out. Heck, even going on on a VPN to Google only generates a single challenge. After that, you are fine. That's how it should be here, even more so since I'm a registered user and bloody logged in. The current system is not a good one.

Contributor
For someone with slow internet like me the hourly-ish interruption is still a net win over the problems I was having with the pre-cloudflare mitigation, technically, in terms of number of pages read per minute...

But, it's still kinda annoying. XD

I may just hate being roped into teaching Google's machine learning algorithms how to recognize street signs, too (At least I assume that's what they're doing). Google doesn't give me free food anymore, why I am I still working for them :'p

Users who are viewing this thread