MangaDex v3 is live, and a general site update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Holo , my 2 cent, provide some kind of indicator ( darken, purple'd) manga name link if reader have clicked/read them . that way the followed tab is easier to navigate. Thanks for the hard work!

Ada

Thank you for all of your work!

I am glad people are helping out financially, I am currently searching for a job and hopefully will have one soon and be able to contribute to the site too.

What are the options I have to use to get the reader as close as the old one as possible?

Group Leader
Well everything looks great with one exception
actually reading the manga sucks ass right now
how can i change it to previous version?

Dex-chan lover
@XieShu
Agreed. The CPU load while in reader mode is also higher vs the old version.

@ixlone
Maybe I just missed it, but I saw nothing in the first post about how to revert to the old version.
Edit: Nvm, found it in the main settings. All good now.

Actually I really liked the old version way better...
1. because it allowed me to read the mangas/comics without having the need to login...
2. The home page was better then coz it shows all the comics that uploaded/updated the pages for the whole day/week and it's on page 1,2, 3 and so on..so if I missed on reading a manga it still okay...but in this "updated" version" it only has a single page...
3. Like I earlier stated the home page is "wider" and "longer" and is divided into different pages...
The only "knocked" on it was the pages (sometimes) are longer to upload...other than that it was okay

This update has SO MANY FEATURES (that I don't think it's really necessary)

My question is : WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WORKS WITH SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED???!!!...and seems to have a lot of issues...

Bes

-Vastly better new reader added. See above link for full details
Except it is broken, at least for me. I use arrows on PC to change pages and it doesn't go right, also when I scroll down a page it's laggy or it doesn't go down if i don't release the pression on the arrow key.
Maybe you already know of these problems, just wanting to point them out

G

??i really liked the new site except the chapter are to small to read and there is no next page in main page??

G

All that and the "search by genre" bug STILL hasn't been fixed. Like before, searching for manga
with "Shounen" and "School life" genres give me only 45 manga titles in the search results even
though there are more than just 45 Shounen+School Life manga titles on the site. This needs to
be addressed.

Take a look: https://mangadex.org/?page=search&s=0&p=1&genres_inc=24,29#listing

G

All that and the "search by genre" bug STILL hasn't been fixed. Like before, searching for manga
with "Shounen" and "School life" genres give me only 45 manga titles in the search results even
though there are more than just 45 Shounen+School Life manga titles on the site. This needs to
be addressed.

Take a look: https://mangadex.org/?page=search&s=0&p=1&genres_inc=24,29#listing

IE completely broken. I know people are moving away from it, but some of us are forced to use it for whatever reason and now we cant read anything until this is fixed (or we move off of Mangadex to another service). Thanks for listening.

The One
Staff
Admin
the shounen tag, is deprecated and will be removed, select shounen in the demographic field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread