MangaDex v5 Dev Suggestions: The Real Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
@Plykiya

how often are the threads in suggestions reviewed? if a mod/dev has not responded, does that mean it was missed or still in internal discussion?

would like to know if my thread in https://mangadex.org/thread/311526 be acceptable

is a Reindeer
VIP
@MooPoint I go through the suggestion threads every two or three months. Go through the forum history and it'll be abundantly obvious when I make my rounds because it'll be several pages of my name

Will there be a way to hide the navbar on mobile or not make its position fixed? It takes up a lot of space when the screen is horizontal.

Author pages are some big brain shit. Would love that. Mangaka pages would be amazing too. There have been soo many times where I just craved to see that one art style again.

this has probably been suggested before, but it would be cool if there was a way to filter searches to only series that have been completed/completely translated, or if there was a way to filter searches so only unfollowed series would show up (because if i'm looking for new a series I don't need to see the ones I've already followed)

Group Leader
I don't care about anything else but pls give us origin language filters and bulk read markings! Especially the earlier! Dx

How about putting some white space above and below every page in single page mode so images don't slam up against the bottom edge of the browser window

Group Leader
home page it works when it does but still
it looks too bland
i have seen many websites but mangadex's homepage is not my first not even in my top 10
after v5 a new home page looks could be
tenor.gif

Group Leader
Plykiya posted:
Going full SPA is a step towards making a mobile app
The MDex' mobile app? Am I dreaming?

@Plykiya @Teasday (@ other dev which I don't aware of, sorry.)

My suggestions is:
[*] The Bottom Navigation Bar
BagEPNO.png

It looks great in Photoshop, but I believe it'll be hell to implement.​
> The way it works is pretty much like MangaPlus' manga reader (the red bar).
But for MD, the bar will be collapsible. Or the user can choose from the Reader Settings, whether they want it collapsible or not.
lC7j2Zq.png
> User can choose from the user settings, under the Site Theme (or wherever it fits), whether they want to use the Side-bar or Bottom-bar.

If such layout is possible, I believe it can solve a few things that the pro-legacy people hate from the current reader.

[*]Also toggle for enabling the next-pref chapter at any point without opening the nav-bar or pressing the shortcuts. (for those who are too lazy.)
Something like transparent floating arrows(?) at the sides of the images.

[*]And last but not least, this.
The post preview.
HsvpCY9.png

As for myself, I don't really mind the current reader, it works great. I've been using the current reader since the first time I was born in this site (despite knowing something called legacy reader) around 2019.

Dex-chan lover
@nyaasar
Post previews are in the planned thread.
Planned -> Forums -> Post-preview button before submit

I'm looking forward to its addition though. It'll save the extra effort of stealth-editing BBCode to get it right, as well as testing it out in throwaway DM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread