MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah so that's why sometimes the image wouldn't load unless i turn on my vpn

Group Leader
@Volatar

I am making an iOS app as a replacement for MR that uses MangaDex as its main manga source. You can get the public build right now and try it out by joining the Discord server

Smoochmango needs to die too. Never realized how terrible the site UX was until I started using MD. Especially on mobile, have to do massive zoom just to go to the link you want. I only used MR one time for a chapter that was missing here so I'm not savvy with the beef against them.

Double-page supporter
I'm not worried about the influx of refugees.
It was called MangaRock because you had to be living under a rock to still use it. MangaDex servers are safe.

i use opera mini and i can't read manga here unless i disable the data saving option which (maybe) has built-in vpn. anyone else from SEA has the same problem?

Dex-chan lover
Will you fix the SEA routing in the future? Because some people migrating here might be from SEA (including me)

@zarezaw I'm from SEA and can access Mangadex fine from PC or mobile (I use chrome though).
I'm just guessing, but maybe the data saving option doesn't loads the manga images cause it thinks it takes too much data?

Fed-Kun's army
Damn i really like mangarock, i usually read attack on titan and kaguya-sama, but for some reason in here, some chapters are gone or the manga start at chapter 40+

Power Uploader
Well, more visitor = more burden to server especially when a quarantine time like this...
For everyone come from SEA, please bear with it till MD fixes this problem or u guys can use VPN and try to change DNS

Group Leader
@Yari-Kachi
3. Does MangaDex have more content than other aggregators?
MangaDex is pro-scanlator. This means that while scan groups are free to upload their content to their site, they are also free to remove it. For this reason, you may not find certain series if the group has chosen to not upload to the site. Other aggregators have no qualms about the source of their content and there is no way to remove your content from other aggregators.

I've been moving to mangadex since last year. I like mangarock, but lots of the updates are very slow or even incomplete even though other sites like mangago and mangadex have released them. But yea, sucks to be me, I'm from South East Asia.

it the mobile reader automatic when u are on mobile or do you have to do something cause im sometimes having trouble loading some pages but im guessing its just my extremely bad connection's problem

for those on mobile, downloading puffin browser is also another alternative for VPN. been using it for a while, and it's fast enough, although i have some trouble on logging in to mangadex.

I've been using MR since 2014 I think lol and have heard about MD but didn't bother using it bec of bad experience with manga sites (shitty UI, full of ads/pop ups) and also bec I used to use a mangareader app apk so i opted for a manga app. However, when I did try this (and bato.to) due to desperation (hassle to access chapters via discord w passwrd) to read the releases of webtoons, I realized I missed the opportunity to be a long time member.

Also I realized how MR is milking money off of scanlations they didn't do but i still used it bec of convenience and all the mangas in my list that i havent placed in my bakaupdates account. 😅😅😅

Contributor
Ah, that's why Mangadex is so slow from Southeast Asia....

That's for the heads-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread