MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I am, confused why mangadex is currently so slow on my cellphone and it turns out that all the manga readers in Southeast Asia are all here and causing service errors. Damn quarantine makes productive people Looking for new fun that caused my cellphone slow to open mangadex 😔
Btw im from south east Asia too and It has long been loyal to Mangadex before they are all newcomers to gather here. Oh well 😔

Damn, I Got Like 600 On Going Manga In MangaRock, And It's Gone.
I Can't Just Change To Other Platform.
I Need To Favourite 600 Manga In MD, Damn That's A Lot.

Dex-chan lover
@Kanami-chan and all others
A lot of factors have happened.
Scan groups with nothing better to do. Have gone ballistic on manga series. Not uncommon to see 10+ new chapters a-day in my read list. Even before covid-19 Mangadex was struggling with loads. New hardware, better service has mitigated some of it. Even more members does not help. So instead of everybody having a comment (IMHO "Bitching"). Let's switch to a new tactic.

Chip in and donate. Does not have to be big or recurring. It was easier back when Paypal was an option. Bitcoin is out of league for me. "I don't trust it." Way to volatile for me. Options are being investigated as we speak. There is a perk with a donation. If you look at my username you will see a Diamond. That's it, big whoop. But you can see all of the supporters. Don't care for the diamond, don't claim it. Mangadex will take the donation without hesitation.

Dex-chan lover
@Roaster
I don't pity you. And I thought I had a lot of reading stuff. How the hell do you keep all the story lines straight in your head ?

Contributor
Damn, I Got Like 600 On Going Manga In MangaRock, And It's Gone.
I Can't Just Change To Other Platform.
@Roaster I presume you never tried to export MangaRock data? I import those manually for MangaRock refugees over at Kenmei, manga-tracker that I've built. Check out this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/mangarockapp/comments/d76jsn/tool_for_exporting_mangarock_db_to_a_csv_file/
in case you are still able to get the data

@zarezaw The data saver option likely works by Opera saving the data first to one of their local data centres, and then sending you a reduced quality version. They will probably have a data centre in your local area, which may not have a good connection to Mangadex due to the SEA issue highlighted, causing it to time out, and just not send anything because it didn't download to their data centre quick enough. Just a theory, could be a multitude of reasons, the internet being such a mush of data and connections.

i love MD
but i love my internet quota, I WANT DATA SAVING T_T
kontol anjing

bye bye mangarock

Double-page supporter
@holo, would newcomers be able to import MR reading lists to MD using @doutatsu tool? or what would be needed? before everyone looses their lists

Contributor
@Darkaeluz Sorry for not being clear. It's not for importing into MangaDex from MangaRock. It's for a different website, where you can track manga across sites, including MangaDex. You can import MangaDex MDList into the site, while for MangaRock, I do it manually for users that ask for it

The link provided is for the tool that someone else made, that lets you at least grab the data from MangaRock

Power Uploader
@Kanami-chan well you know, every lives having its end. And i wont blame everyone who come here to find things to fill their empty hours at quarantine days to read manga and make this site flooded with trafic.
If you being a little smart and doing something small tweak you can even have the usual speed, i'm from SEA too and everything working fine and fast for me.

Well moved to mangadex way before the decision but exporting 400+ manga and manhua from MR list going to be a heavy job UGH

Oh. They really did it... Luckily I already have migrated everything from MR to tachiyomi :)

I used to read on mangarock , it was my main site , but i came over here last year and i am happy i did so !

Banned
Didn't really like mangadex because the way it switched chapters and pages was finicky. Until I realized there were settings for these things. Overtime I came to love mangadex and it's mobile friendly site and actually started hating using mangarock.

Overall great site 9.5/10 pls keep at it devs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread