MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
ikYuU8b.png

@blackyawgdom
I want to look at new titles not new chapters of titles im following. and the only way to look at new titles is look at new chapters in general and click on mangas with less than 10 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@neorasp
i don't get it.
it exist on the front page if you try to scroll down far enough.
they put two words: "New" and "Title" above them.
and even your friendly great admin guy thing have sent you a proof of its existence.

"Mangadex is made by scanlators for scanlators" lol what's with that? Are you a like Razer but for manga? "by gamers for gamers"

@hazzack
it only shows like 10 last new titles. you can easily miss out if 15 new titles have been added (like if there is influx of doujins or a new season brought in a bunch of neew titles), and those 5 new titles that you missed you will only be able to notice if
a. you specificly search for them
or
b. you randomly come upon a chapter of them in the new chapters list
and new titles can be added without any chapters.so even if the title had been pushed of the list TODAY it might appear in the new chapter list only in 2 months.
the fact there isn't a dedicated page where you can see all titles by date added is a problem. you can go about it other ways, but the current patch the devs are applying to the problem is isufficient and the fact they leave it at that and call it a day shows carelessness, inconsideration and lazyness.

@Holo
that list is partial. even if we babysit the mangadex homepage every hour of waking time we can still miss new titles if a bunch comes in at once. nor that it would be fine if constant babysitting was enough - people should be allowed to take a break from the internet without being punished for it.

Dex-chan lover
@neorasp
btw, the planned features list includes "Sort by Manga ID" in the "Search" category. Once that gets implemented, sorting that in descending order would give you a list of all manga starting from the most recently added. It might be included in v5 if we're lucky.

@MrIncognito
That would be nice. if such a feature would be added I won't make an effort to reverse my migration off mangadex, but ill defintly stop nagging people about new title feature.

Dex-chan lover
Mangarock? Weren't those guys sucking publisher's donger?

@ultimatehaki
Good for you. Their reader was awful. Really awful!

@Siquall
Isn't mangakiss so mighty creating a large botnet?

Is there a way to get push notifications set up for the site? That's basically the one thing at this point that I desperately want rn.

I ussualy use MangaRock. But when i heard it shutted down,i follow my father. So i read here. This is even better than MangaRock. Im glad i moved

I'm not a refugee or anything, I was just looking for a manga and came across this site. I'm from the US and was wondering if the site was always slow? I saw another mention that they were from SEA which seems to be highly affected from traffic, but was wondering if in the US it's the same way. I looked on other websites to see if there was any other solution to fix this or if the whole website is throttled until servers move or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread