MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I guy had both, Im pretty upset with Manga Rock I was using it for a while, not I gotta transfer all my manga here. Im glad MangaDex is stil running.

Power Uploader
@rouster

If you downloaded, you can still read it. Currently however as new chapters are released, it’s impossible to add. Doesn’t matter what server or domain...

Meanwhile I’m using it to port slowly over to mangastorm (my previous reader). It’s not as nice but works, AND HAS MANGADEX as a source. So even better.

Just a matter of some back and forth... assuming you where on the reader that is.

The MR app was the best one around on iOS. If only they open sourced it.

A MR app with MD as source would be great.

Double-page supporter
I was so wrong...
Stop killing my weeb grayscale cartoons web site, goddammit 😭

I've been here actually even while ManagRock existed. I was looking for the Hero's very first chapter and no site released it but I found someone on tumblr who shared a link to mangadex for reading this chapter. This was amazing.

DO NOT COME HERE
SERIOUSLY THIS PLACE DOES NOT HAVE A PROPER NEW TITLES PAGE
I CANT STRESS IT HARD ENOUGH
SAVE YOURSELF GO SOMEPLACE ELSE

DO NOT COME HERE
SERIOUSLY THIS PLACE DOES NOT HAVE A PROPER NEW TITLES PAGE
I CANT STRESS IT HARD ENOUGH
SAVE YOURSELF GO SOMEPLACE ELSE

neorasp, wut?

@crazybars
its just as I said. in this site you can't trck down new mangas. the site keeps track of new chapters, but not new titles. i have bought this up to the attention of mods and devs in multiple occasions but they don't give a fuck, and devs that don't give a fuck is another reason not to come here.
knowing what new mangas are there is an important feature for any manga site. its arguably more important than filtering chapters by languege, and defintly more important than costumizing your profile or having a seperate discussion per chapter. This site lack this feature, so its not a proper place to come if you want to read manga.

@neorasp

Wow, you really are telling people to not come read manga.

Not because there's something wrong with the website reader. (there isn't)
Not because the Image quality is bad. (not really?)
Not even the fact that sometimes groups have tantrums and remove the manga they translated. (yeah that sometimes happens)

Your advice to leave is because the Newest Updates page doesn't work? That well?

Of all things, that's it?

@crazybars
I advise people to read manga somewhere else not not to read manga at all. thats not because the newest updates pages doesn't work- it works- but because the user can't access a list of new titles. the other reasons you mentioned, i don't care about them. they are not a reason to avoid this place, they hardly harm my experiance as a user.
you need to avoid mangadex because its not a place to keep up with new mangas, despite putting itself up as a manga site.

tl;dr
NO, i do not tell people not to read manga,
i tell you not to bother with mangadex.

@neorasp

Yes you already said the Newest Update page doesn't work that well. I get it.

I don't understand why you're telling people to not read Manga on Mangadex because of that but sure.
Not sure why you care so much to tell everyone else to leave when you're obviously still here but sure.

Dex-chan lover
Oh look, we have another vigilant coming to warn us about the evil Mangadex... Wow wow... Wowowwow...

@crazybars

'doesn't work' means the devs tried but failed.
they didn't even try. they don't care. they got a site, its working, so who cares if key features are missing as long as people are praising their work and flocking in?
still here? not quite. i already put on hold most of the works i followed here and migrated to another site. i still check mangadex once a day or so to see if an active manga i hasn't put on hold here and followed there has been updated yet.

why do i care? for a whole yeari toiled trough the new chapters page in orrder to keep up with new titles. dozens of chapters a day just to do something the devs could automate in a few hours if they ever put their mind to it. each day at first i beleived, its a new site. they are still getting their shit together. each day i hoped tomorrow the devs would finally add this feature. and each day i was proven wrong. so each day i toiled. and every time i was away from mangadex for longer, i just had more to toil trough when i got back. after a few months when i saw no update i asked the devs on pms and forums, when are they gonna fix it? i was not given an answer. but i still beleived. i stopped beliving in the 1 year mark (or was 2 year?) when the devs celeberated the milestone while still didn't give a shit about making their site into a decent manga site.
I was naive. and i hope to protect others naive as me. to the uploaders as well- the devs here aren't considerate of your feelings, they are just too lazy to try and steal anything. if you want to look for something after batoto, keep looking- this ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread