MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its look like not only me who have same problem
The manganelo/mangabat/mangaawk/it didnt working anymore,could be they got taken down??

From MangaRock, and am now usimg the app Neko that you guys habe suggested. I like it a lot, but there are a good number of series that are WAY behind and/or missing chunks of chapters. Where can I go to request these manga be updated?

@meldiron519 All the chapters are uploaded by the translators themselves, and they can remove their uploads if they want. Also, if a manga has an official translation available then it isn't allowed. If you want more updates, contact scanlation groups and see if they're interested.

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus do you know if the increase in traffic has slowed things down? I've noticed long loading times for individual pages on strong connections

Just recently found out about this site MangaDex and I'm glad I did! After having been a manga reader for some time now, saw the rise and falls of so many sites and was surprised to hear about the latest news on MangaRock.

I both read at mangarock and mangadex. It just a shame that I can't follow up on what manga is updated since I rely on MR. huhuhu

Contributor
@when
> its still unfortunate that we cant find a way to efficiently financially help the authors whose work gets posted here, too

Most series have links to where you can buy the books once they are released (if not, it isn’t exactly hard to copy and paste the title into the store of your choice). For ongoing web manga you can click the “raw” link and flick through the source chapters; I doubt anyone is paid per click but viewing figures can make the difference between a successful series and a cancelled one.

Dex-chan lover
You can also use setting to make "Header" (That mangadex bar thing) to disappear when you're reading. It should be around the same bar to pick chapter while reading

do anyone know does mangarock.es is really mangarock's team playing behind the scene or just another copycat or something ?

That announcement is so late. It's been what 2-3 months maybe longer since manga couldn't be read on that website. Thanks for telling fellow manga readers though.

@doutatsu I will be waiting (im)patiently for the day I find another recommendation algorithm half as good as Manga Rock's. Their manually curated stuff was great, but nothing beats personally tailored recommendations.

Longtime MR user here. Read a lot in MR most of which I’ve already forgot. Watched trough MD. I like it!
I’m kinda sad that a lot Manhua aren’t updated here such as tales of demons and Gods. But the choice 0f manga is just awesome!

i started using mangadex after mangarock announced their plans. the app compatibility and efficiency is definitely a pro for mangarock, but there are a lot of features on mangadex that’s better

What I hate the most is that the money gathered in mangarock is what made them able to become official. I mean they did even have a paid membership to remove ads.

Group Leader
Refugee here... Honestly most of us just use MR cause MR had an app. Unlike other options. As in, an app for iOS users.

Well, for now down to work into manually migrating all my manga... all 600 for me here as well orz. In any case, hello my new friends!

@Jamse there is one, one that doesn't work rn I believe. If u just search MR to MD it should come up, ran by a group developing Paperback or something, they have a Discord. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread