MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexa play Crab Rave. Mangarock is dead.

Well, it's a bit sad, I used mangarock before I started using MD.

Double-page supporter
@justforthelulz yup, and it was subscription based, 5 bucks a month to have premium access, I think they gave you some features and no ads, still pretty scummy

Dex-chan lover
BTW , what is the name of the "new" mangac0ck supposed to be ? INKR ? INKR = I Now Know Rubbish is mangac0ck ? INKR = INdonesia + KoRean ?

and i hope ki$$-my-a$$-manga will be shut down too , they are even worse than manga-c0ck .

even though ki$$manga is a pirate site , it has some noble(?????) rules , policies , principles , like :

- The ki$$manga moderators can permanently block users on their whims , because they think banning is fun , and without any reasons whatsoever , and without any kind of warnings before banning . WHAT ? A fukking pirate site has noble mods ???? and after banning , these bratty mods have the nerves to mock and laugh at the users .

- No spoilers of later chapters . But the problem is that the fukking stupid ki$$manga mods cant distinguish between spoilers and guessings/predictions of later chapters . Their policy is "Block first , ask questions later" .

- Do not mention other great manga site , like mangadex . Or even posting a website link will guarantee a permanent block from ki$$manga site .

Honestly since I discovered Mangadex half a year ago, I haven't been using Mangarock much. I was still shocked, but I didn't feel like the world of comics was ending or smth, thanks to Mangadex. You won't be disappointed, dear refugees.

@Elementony33 A recommender system is something that I feel would actually be a nice add to MD, but given the complexity of implementing a half-decent system, and the added load something like that would represent I can't forsee the dev team implementing it.

Contributor
@0xDEAD @Elementony33 I plan on adding a recommendation system on Kenmei, so watch this space. I always thought MangaRock manually curated lists and recommendations were one of it's strongest points, so I really want to bring something similar to life

Too bad for some manga only appears in Mangarock. I guess I just quit reading it since there is no scanslator do it

They got too greedy, but thanks to them I found out about Mangadex and Tachiyomi. Tachiyomi's import method using Dummyrock esp helped out. Thank you for the newbie/refugee instructions along with the 'teach me' comics. With Mangarock, first it was a $5 one time payment(premium membership), then $5 monthly(MR Comics membership), and finally they opened a mainstream paid app and tried to manipulate their customers into using their new app (faking virtue and then shutting down their main app to force users into their new beta even before it was really usable.)

Dex-chan lover
@EnderWin
pretty sure zeph said he lives in the US not SEA i mean he is always going on about meetups for the US based readers.

Some tips: if you're in SEA and you're experiencing lag, download 1.1.1.1 in app store, i was throttled at around 200KB/s, but now i can hit 1MB/s without a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread