MangaRock Is Dead: Refugees Read Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fellow MandaRock user that started to use MangaDex a few months ago due to the eventual shut down, I must say I'm extremely happy with my experience here c:
Long live MangaDex! >v<

Here here! Long live Mangadex!
I made the switch early on in the whole MR drama and haven't looked back!

Well, i like mangarock just to marathon long ch manga without press next, next, next again. If mangadex can also do that, that will be awesome.
But for some isekai and fresh manga, still love mangadex <3

Fed-Kun's army
If you're from MangaRock or any other aggregators, recheck your favorite manga on MD because it's not uncommon for scanlators to update/edit/fix their uploads. They can on MD because we can upload and delete from MD freely. Other aggregator sites basically rip it from MD once and then don't follow up to see whether any changes were made.

Dex-chan lover
About SEA issue, I think it's because of the shitty ISP they get or metered internet problem.

I saw some Pinoys and Indonesian in this site and many of them don't have any trouble.

Refugee here with a few quick questions.

- This might sound a little weird but I almost never can remember the names of manga unless they are in English, since I don't speak any other languages the words don't seem to store in my brain as actual names for things and as a result I normally recognize manga by the cover art or art associated with it. Anyways after going through and saving/marking all the ones I'm reading I went to my follows only to find out there's no image associated. Is this a setting that I could change?

- Secondly, the main reason I used MR was because of the mobile app and I could save a quite a few of my favorite manga to my phone and read them offline as I lots of time away from computer and phone access for my job (sometimes over a month at a time) is there any download features for this site or does anyone have some recommendations?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for welcoming all of us lost readers.

Supporter
@Wolfane
go to your MD list or the manga tab in follows then switch up the view mode read this for more details on how to do it. Your second question I can't help ya since I don't use MD on my phone
but i'm sure someone else will come along. Oh and if your wondering why the main follows tab doesn't have cover images I don't know it's been brought up before but we haven't received an answer.

Miku best girl
Admin
And I hope they don't die any time soon - at least not before we upgrade our servers and/or v5 is ready (which will reduce the server load).

We're currently seeing +20% traffic from last week lol.

i didnt even know mangarock was a thing until i saw this post but it seems people will miss it and im a believer in the bandwagon effect so i'll miss it too

edit: i see people doing that long live mangadex thing so uh

マンガデックス万歳!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread