Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Vol. 10 Ch. 40.2

Fed-Kun's army
Let's see if mc can stop this before this becomes a full blown arms race

Dex-chan lover
Well.. its actually pretty simple: sandbag is a legit shield againts bullet and it can even hold a 9mm from modern gun, I think? (never test it myself).
For blunderbusses and the flintlocks I think Nobunaga also used straw mats or haystacks as barriers in their formations (I guess these are also more abundant and easier to carry around than making sandbags at those times?).

why waste time putting sand in a bag just use wood that's slightly angled it worked for the japanese against musket fire

plus you can move it if you march forward
that boils down to thickness of the wood and weight, a 68 caliber brown bess musket will blow through up to 4in (101mm) of common pine at 50-75 yards using early European tactics, so the big monsters would have to be moving battlements, being that the mentioned firearms resemble early matchlock designs it may vary, but a simple plank shields wouldn't be effective, iron on the other had could be. Also anyone can fill and place sandbags quickly and even under fire. an old saying i used to hear was "Cover is Key" meaning those who have proper defensive positions(ie cover) fare better than those out in the open.

For blunderbusses and the flintlocks I think Nobunaga also used straw mats or haystacks as barriers in their formations (I guess these are also more abundant and easier to carry around than making sandbags at those times?).
he did to mixed results, a blunderbuss is a glorified shotgun, so a haybale/stack my stop it, but a lot of early flintlocks would go clean through, what he was banking on was his troops speed and poor accuracy of the enemies smooth bore muskets to get close and do damage, if i remember right he did a lot of ambush and hit and run tactics with his "riflemen" instead of European style lines of fire

Dex-chan lover
refreshing to read isekai series where people from another world/past dont act like they have never seen tools before and actually try to revers engineer new weapons.

Double-page supporter
They had no one collecting the dropped guns after battle? That's a quick way to get your shit reverse engineered. Just like we are currently seeing.
For a guy who’s supposed to be a tactical genius he’s a fucking idiot

Fed-Kun's army
I'm curious if those water mirrors are going to be the gun countermeasure (Ike will probably get shot by the general guy in the back after the mirrors work and he's assured of his success or something).

It's certainly possible the guns just don't work but the deck is already stacked against them, faulty equipment on top of that would just make it one-sided (unless he planted faulty guns on purpose for them to recreate, which would be hilarious, but I'm sure they'll at least test them beforehand).

so ike needed the dwarfs to replicate the guns but the kings alliance just do it easy on a battlefield? And how can gun powder be new? The white rose used cannons in their first attach on Ike? i think sometime the author forget his own details.

Users who are viewing this thread