Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Fed-Kun's army
38d21c70a033ef2632e73778385c1010.jpg

100% totally saw that she already knew about Ike's being reincarnator...

At first i thought it was only a chuuni reincarnator, but well... Her being the real thing actually surprised me lol

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter update!

Read you all in another 4 months.. hope so..

Double-page supporter
And this, is why you always just kill the cunt instead of talking like a fucking retard. Of course, the demon lord is still probably alive somehow, but still. What a fucking retarded way to get most of your forces killed like a fucking idiot.

Dex-chan lover
Bullshit, that's not what happened at Nagashino.

You can't penetrate Damascus steel with blackpowder muskets, the bullets would ricochet off of it because they're pellets.

The reason Nobunaga was able to take out the forces at Nagashino was because it was a Calvary charge, so they shot the horses. Plus Samurai Armor wasn't made of fucking steel, but bamboo, and their ranks also had peasants and other lighter units.

Also, if he had access to explosives, why didn't he equip his men with that to begin with instead of having to lose the fight?

It makes no goddamn sense.

Double-page supporter
@Tamerlane Gonna agreed with you and call this entire arc as big BS. Pellet simply can't penetrate, moreover rasengan their way into thicc damascus armor simply just like that

Dex-chan lover
Here is a good reddit thread about early Firearms against armor https://old.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5udybq/how_effective_was_plate_armor_against_musketballs/

Tldr: against low quality armor it is effective

Against high quality armor depends on the gun, the distance and where you are hitting.

For a fantasy world to be believable he needs rules.

You can't just put muskets and damascus steel and try to be realistic, and then tell everyone that the bullets pierce through like butter.

If it was special guns using magic or whatever, or if armor in this world was different than the real world it would have been okay. But you can't break your own rules even in fantasy

Dex-chan lover
@Jgold101
There were armor made to be pistol and/or musket proof, but then there are those that aren't.
This is a world where firearms didn't exist yet, so there couldn't have been any armor made to be bullet proof produced in large numbers.

A proper comparison would be something like muskets vs medieval breastplate.
https://youtu.be/Bjs4-u5lO60

@Kizuro @Tamerlane @Nurarihyon
Damascus afaik were known to be good for blades, not armor. In a fantasy setting, it's usually just another kind of metal on some level(s) below mythril and adamantium.

I turned off my brain when I saw that pellet go through THICK, Folded steel like Dasmascus.

I hope to see something super stupid next chapter. Amp it up.

Ive never disliked introducing modern science or military into a fantasy world because I think the clash between the 2 is interesting. I will howeve rsay that I didnt really like this chapter. Woopty Do its fucking Oda again (tired of this trope) however there also wasnt much of a barrier to him acquiring the necessary materials. Like at least in other series it takes a bit here its just like ya we got guns now. Oh well a bit disapointing.

You can actually get adequate potassium nitrate by just pissing in a barrel of hey for about a year

Fed-Kun's army
Welp, time to wait for at least three months again. My toddler might be able to do cartwheels by then.

Users who are viewing this thread