Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
@screamdoom You may say it's simple but the manufacturing process for modern guns is a lot more complex and precise compared to the current technology level they have. Heck, even manufacturing the ammunition is going to have problems as well.

Even if the dwarfs and the witches were to able to fix that, there's another issue they have to deal with, where and how to get the resources to build them. Higher quality steel is pretty difficulty to make if they don't know how to make a modern blast furnace and there's a lot more I want to talk about. They always forget in Isekai that there's a lot more needed to make modern things and they just cheat it thru either magic and such. I'm kinda happy that there are series out there that acknowledges the fact that they can't easily cheat it thru magic and has to develop their own to make it.

Dex-chan lover
500 vs 12000? Hahahaha
Us human will wipe them out easily. Anything not human is just slaves.

Wait what? So you don't wave your hand and make weapons that require high precision tools, well crafted material and complex blueprint out of thin air?

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Arifureta and all those shitty dungeon building isekais.

Fed-Kun's army
@demonx94
the fastest way to peace is overwhelming force

@chaonightmare
given the power to create a precise thing from a mental image, and given that I can make a gun from manual shop machines, I could probably do that too. I could also probably make some form of combustion engine or jet engine as well,

@screamdoom
an ak...
https://www.google.com/search?q=kalashnikov%20blueprint&tbm=isch&tbs=isz%3Al&rlz=1C1ASRM_enUS741US741&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CAEQpwVqFwoTCIj8iMCFwusCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAH&biw=1521&bih=1571#imgrc=UzQbOV07MZYloM
Ak's are VERY complex, however they are built to a spec that allows them to have quite a bit of slop/play, and that allows them to go though battlefields that have had more precision guns fail.

If you want simpler while still modern,
https://www.google.com/search?q=sten+gun+blueprint&rlz=1C1ASRM_enUS741US741&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ZzIiawDpjlzK7M%252CieH8mN47SMbihM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQTiynM1rHWMlPw7LnjFFeKsA2fHA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiGsd6ehsLrAhXiB50JHVS6B0QQ9QF6BAgZECA&biw=1534&bih=1571#imgrc=ZzIiawDpjlzK7M
a sten is a gun that can be made en mass without machines that would normally be used to make guns

but even that is fairly complex if you can't even make matchlock

Fed-Kun's army
Hm... 500 soldiers with guns vs 12000 with sharpened metal sticks. I've seen this before.

That being said, going to need to do better than matchlocks. How about some good ole gatling guns?

next: grenade launcher, howitzer, and dragon's aerial lunch-box drop....

Dex-chan lover
Next: breech loading gun with actual cartridges.

the only next step towards the progression of weapons. maybe make 19th century canons too. but mass producing them is not an option, not without the necessary technology. just like the Germans, who over-engineered everything and were too ahead of themselves which were too expensive, too complicated to make.

rushing weapons progression is a no good thing, even making an AK which has a simple design will be too complicated to build unless they have proper experience with mag fed guns, fully automatic capabilities, shell ejection, blowback, and most important; cartridges.

further more, they need proper equipment such as metal molds, hydraulic presses, ELECTRICITY which means power plants, fossil fuels, etc which are even harder to come by. and where are you going to get the materials?

and even in the era they're in, their quality of manufacturing is very low, and considering that automatic guns have more parts and are more prone to failure, they may most likely fail/misfire/jam/explode/break etc. this would mean a waste of time and very valuable resources that are hard to come by

conclusion: anything beyond muskets/breech loading guns are impossible in that era (single action revolvers MIGHT be a possibility, but the chances are pretty low), unless the mc has much experience with firearms and industrial manufacturing equipment, they probably have to wait another 90-100 years till they can produce their first automatic firearm

until then, they can only improve their method of manufacture, and design of muskets

Aggregator gang
honestly, if you're making guns for warfare on a time crunch, start with artillery and work your way down to firearms.
it's easier to make a handful of cannons than to mass-produce a bunch of firearms and bullets. it's also more straightforward to supply less people with more powder and bigger munitions. you won't be fielding as many quickly and cheaply trained soldiers, which is the main draw of firearms, but they'll pack a bigger punch.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, okay. Only 24 times the size of the human army. They can manage to win this,...if they'd have a nuke.

I also really don't get the idea behind introducing guns. Isn't the demons side's advantage using magic and having the stronger melee units? Guns can be used to kill melee units at distance and they might rival the usage of magic. The party which can draw more advantage out of using this new kind of weapon are the humans. I see the initial problems that come with the production and the demon side (which has their hands first on it) can draw a short time advantage out of it, but the backlash would be tremendous, once the humans manage to reverse-engineer it. As seen in this chapter, they are actively on the search for new technologies. Let's keep pandora's box closed, okay? Except the demons can massbred goblin and equip them. In this case flood that kingdom. YOU are a fire wizard now! AND YOU are a fire wizard. And YOU and YOU and YOU, too!

Users who are viewing this thread