Maou Gun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - Vol. 4 Ch. 13

Long-strip supporter
A general goes out with an overwhelming army, powerful mages, and a hero to capture a small castle town. The hero got killed along with their mages, the army was soundly defeated with major losses and the general even was spared, only loosing a hand as a warning. THAT is a black mark on a record that can never be scrubbed. Unless he has a massive and impressive career before this his time as a honored general are over.

Dex-chan lover
@TheMadFool not really, that general surely will be striped of his rank or even killed after he goes back, because he cause a dishonor.

The part "If I die, who's going to order the retreat?" is not true. Army needs a commander to fight on, they don't need one to retreat.
The right answer to that question is "Your head would suffice as a retreat order."

Contributor
@nmphuong91 Actually, his head will result in a rout, not a retreat. Retreat is by definition, ALWAYS a choice rather than a consequence. On other note, historically enlightenment and napoleonic armies do have a gentlemen's agreement to avoid targeting the enemy commander due to the mistaken belief that the enemy commander are needed to keep the rabble in check.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised the hero went down that easily, after all, he IS the hero(or was)... Hopefully it's not a body swap à la Fallen(movie), otherwise he better keep an eye on that witch...

Fed-Kun's army
Sooo, the hero is dead. Will another hero appear or will it go down the route of summoning heroes from another world?

@Huapollon A rout is a disorderly retreat. And it's still a choice, not a consequence (the invidual soldier will make that choice ).
I am not sure about the Napoleonic Era practice, but targeting the commander to end the fight (also for ransom) was popular in the Medieval. Apparently, there is no ransom in this manga though.

Dex-chan lover
i hate idealistic no kill mcs the most. It's stupid and it will only benefit the enemies.

dropped.

Dex-chan lover
@zano187 I don’t think the mages are dead considering Ike was the one fighting them the hero though maybe this world has the resurrection church thing if not yeah he dead.

@SonicWizard tbh I see him more similar to the hero and demon king in “be mine hero, I refuse”
both don’t mindless kill and will always choose the peaceful, in fact after hero met the demon king he stopped killing as far as I remember, option and making sure the damage in both side are minimal.

Plus a lot of dead in this chapter and MC doesn’t push his ideals on other demons

This time its important not to kill tho.
If they kill the general all it will does is inflict rage and cause them to counter attack sooner then expected and raise morale in the troops in the sense for revenge for their fallen general.

Fear is the best weapon in war and letting them leave and tell the tale is the best way to spread them

The hero is braindead... too overconfident... welp he even don't have a name :D so its understandable that the hero is stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread