Maou-jou de Oyasumi - Ch. 210 - Papa (Looks Like He) Is In Elementary Grade 2 or 3

Dex-chan lover
XD His father's enormous power has been stolen by done unknown person and he's like
Yay!!! Sleepover with dad

None of the Elders are normal after knowing the princess 😂 and little Oxenthree is so cute just like little Twilight

Cant they make the Oxenthree more smaller please? Like Kitaro father 😌 so that he could be put in the pocket and then he could be called Demon Lord pocket father 😌 im sorry if this sound rude but i wanted to see it 😆

Is Oxenthree the official translation for the name of the former demon king? It just sounds... odd. But I guess translating his name as 3AM or DevilsHour would be even worse huh...

@ellaservantes
The official translation of Oxenthree's name is actually Midnight but I feel like Oxenthree makes more sense. If you throw his name into google translate, you get Ushimitsu and his name in the Chinese translation was 丑三. Well it could be because I'm used to it already. Kirei also translated Twilight's grandfather name into Midnight but that has 2 official translations for his name. The first time we see his statue, Viz translated his name as Gloom. Then they changed it to Zero in one of the extras.

@Mothflower
I guess it's one of those things that don't translate smoothly to English. Culturally, his name means "the hour of the ox", which is 3 in the morning. The closest equivalent would be "witching hour" or "devil's hour" but neither sounds as great as Midnight or Twilight as a name. It makes perfect sense too as grandfather (Midnight) --> father (Oxenthree) --> son (Twilight), too bad there's not a more recognizable term for the time between midnight and twilight that would also fit nicely as a name so the joke would fly over most non-natives heads.

Dex-chan lover
If it was all entirely random, what are the odds that the "random" effect was time-travel to exactly the right time 4 times in a row?

Users who are viewing this thread