Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 63.1

Dex-chan lover
As far as I'm concerned, I feel like this is one of Yuki's most significant fights, which is a pity since this is a trope tournament arc. It's actually teaching him something new. The old man is obviously an absolute master. Before this, Yuki's fights have been pretty simple. Even the fight against the dragon was solved with an elementary trick.

Dex-chan lover
so the old man is stronger than the deceased dragon king, right?
No, the dragon king was using spells against Yuki that could easily destroy the entire stage here. Yuki can use spells that powerful, but he doesn't have the experience to use them in such a way that wouldn't ruin the stadium. For one thing, Yuki isn't trying to kill the old man. Yuki couldn't really even react to the dragon king's attacks when they were launched, but he could tell what was coming each time and prepare for them before hand because the dragon king had no experience actually fighting and was very predictable.

Honestly the manga has done a pretty poor job of depicting both fights. Though that's fine because the fights aren't really the heart of the story. Which I'd say is part of why people want this arc to end soon, because the fight is both poorly done and not why people are here in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Here before the people who are about to bitch that the fight/arc is taking forever.
Here to bitch that the fight/arc is taking forever.

As far as I'm concerned, I feel like this is one of Yuki's most significant fights, which is a pity since this is a trope tournament arc.
I think that's the problem. It's supposed to be a significant fight, but it's not coming across very well at all. The only way we see it being significant is because it's taking a lot of time, and that's not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread