Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 67.1

Dex-chan lover
Oh he's so pissed. En were ready to slaughter everyone herself but MC still thinking about something more interesting lol
LET THE BLOODBATH BEGIN

Dex-chan lover
A blade would be swift and end for them, it seems. Good old fashion fist-through-back-of-heads it is.

You know, I've gotta wonder why the translation of Onii-chan is so inconsistent. Before it was into "Mister," then kept as Onii-chan and now finally as "Brother." Unless the Japanese has her calling Yuki "Aniiki" but I kinda doubt it.

In my opinion, you guys should probably keep it as Onii-chan considering how that carries a lot more context over "brother" and a lot less silly baggage in English. But that's just my absolute hatred of trying to translate all the complicated nuances in Japanese to the incredibly unnuanced system English uses to refer to people.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. I was just talking to myself, trying to delude myself into believing that this wouldn't go the harem route. I'm not the greatest fan of harem. There are a few series where it was more carefully and slowly built to work, but most of the time it's nothing but a flimsy trope.
I think the harem in a fantasy series is a nice way for handling different camps of fans. Like imagine team lefi dropping the series because she doesn't marry the MC since the vampire girl already did something married-like with him.
I mean the drinking blood thing, and yeah she's a kid but...:pacman:
It was a harem before we knew it and now what's left is just to accept it.
Except I hope she won't join just like that, it seems too hasty.
As a sister, right?
As a sister, right?
Ah, Yes. As a sister, sure...
tenor.gif

Supporter
Okay, sure, it's an emotional scene, but can this guy please find something cooler to wear than a plain t-shirt, cargo pants, and sandals? This still bothers me.
Go read "Her Summon" it's fucking awesomely epic, and the protags have similar styles (Eg flip flops and loungewear.) Fucking bad dudes up in your kick-its.
I can dig it lol.

Dex-chan lover
.....You guys remember that evil bitch from Matilda? Miss Trunchbull?

I gotta admit, as hateful as she was, she had some great lines in that film.

One of them, I feel, applies here in spades.

"SOME RATS ARE GONNA DIE TODAY!"

Dex-chan lover
Teasing her first thing. Well, she is fine, so getting her mood back up is a good idea.

How nice of the potion to clean up all the blood as well.

That's the kind of "owwww" that hurts the spirit more than the body. And doesn't actually hurt.

I think she can handle it, though. Remember where she came from.

Just going to say I agree in general with harem stories (which I've mentioned elsewhere), and I like this story. Not going to say more, because I don't like talking about spoilers with people who don't ask for them, with very few exceptions.
Spoil me plz!

Dex-chan lover
The main reason I think it's fine is because it's more about them all being a family. Doesn't matter if it's a wife, daughter, pet, or super maid. They're all a tight-knit and loving family.

Short version, they all get married. Well, the adults. It doesn't change that much except that they do some more couple stuff rather than family stuff, including actual child making. It's a real harem where everyone is encouraging it, not a fake manga harem with a bunch of girls orbiting around a guy. Though I still prefer to call it just a big family, since that's predominantly how they're acting. I have some issues with manga harems, and some with this series, but not the harem in this series.
Thank You muy friend.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. I was just talking to myself, trying to delude myself into believing that this wouldn't go the harem route. I'm not the greatest fan of harem. There are a few series where it was more carefully and slowly built to work, but most of the time it's nothing but a flimsy trope.
I love harems but despise how most Japanese mangakas handle them. As you've stated in your conclusion they just make it a flimsy trope with no payoff. It's either the protag chooses one girl making the tag entirely pointless or it's open ended.

I think I've said this before in another "harem" series but if you're going to write a series with that tag included you better have

-Actual harem ending
-Proper romantic progress with multiple girls
-A MC who is the type to get a harem

I'm sick of self-inserts as much as the next guy. A guy with a harem is suppose to be exceptional through not only his talents but also his strong work ethic whatever that may be and not be some gloomy, boring, or pathetic dude.

Users who are viewing this thread