Maou no Musume-Tachi to Maguwaeba Tsuyoku Narerutte Hontou Desuka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Imagine humanity had a common enemy that it had to go up against, And that enemy ended all infighting, Humanity. Was ninety five percent plus undivided. Would there be slavery , Probably.But it wouldn't be something that would state sanction at the time.

Now imagine what the lack of the common enemy how humans would start going at each other throat.
Nah, if a nation had embraced slavery, a common enemy wouldn't be enough of a reason to forgo such cheap labor. Such cultures do not change so easily.

At best it might halt new acquisitions as those individuals that would be turned into slaves were gang pressed into military service. Which would just be slavery by other means.

At worst government sanctioned slavers would be sent out to either marginalized communities, or neighboring nations to "recruit" able bodies to fight. I could wven see non-combatants being taken to be used to support any armies in the field and stress relief for the regular soldiers.

So yeah, it's all or nothing when if comes to slavery. Either the gods themselves dictate any form of slavery is taboo, or there will be some form of organized slavery happening wherever there is greed or conflict.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
OH HEY
Didn't expect a Gigguk reference in this manga
Love it Keep it up

Dex-chan lover
He became so strong out of sheer rage for the hero
no segs lamo

Dex-chan lover
Don't let the plot distract you from the fact that the previous demon king impregnated his pet dog

Dex-chan lover
"Who would even buy such a thing for 10 silver?"
"600,000 silver!"

I have seen this thing before in manga, for example in "An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride". Someone suddenly offers a totally unnecessary, astronomical sum at an auction. It must be some kind of Japanese cultural thing of wanting to show off, regardless of how stupid or needless it was. I might be remembering it wrong, but my gut feeling is that in wuxia/xianxia, which are obsessed with auctions, the Chinese authors usually don't write it like that. Rather, the characters either just try to beat the competition normally or even try to intimidate the competition to drop out, so that they wouldn't need to waste money (or whatever resources are used as currency).

It's almost like a portion of Japanese authors don't even understand how auctions are supposed to work, unless it's indeed cultural for Japan. If it is, then certainly anyone wanting to sell some treasures of theirs and if at all relevant, they should consider doing it in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread