Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 11 Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
Though it is cruel of me to say, a part of me wants to see a story where the protagonist outright decides that a scene like that ending is not his problem, and just ignores it. Just imagine if the author puts in the effort to showcase these new characters, sets up the scene like the usual trope, and just drops it, never to be touched on again. Hey, that's life.
Well, in real life, a fair share of people would also interfere. So by having the protagonist ignore something like that, you'd add to their characterization - and it can be tricky to keep the audience interested in watching the protagonist so characterised, especially if you're consistent with it.

Dex-chan lover
Bartobas Barbaros is showing tsundere traits. Meanwhile, Zagan is casually searching for dating spots for his waifu and got an apple. :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
I do hope Nephteros and Nephy get to meet eachother again soon though because i feel like they have a lot to discuss with eachother

Dex-chan lover
8f1.jpg

same vibes

Dex-chan lover
Though it is cruel of me to say, a part of me wants to see a story where the protagonist outright decides that a scene like that ending is not his problem, and just ignores it. Just imagine if the author puts in the effort to showcase these new characters, sets up the scene like the usual trope, and just drops it, never to be touched on again. Hey, that's life.
It still has to serve the greater plot. I feel like Zagan is already past behaving like that. The very beginning of the story already had him interfere because he was annoyed by another mage making the neighbourhood restless, which means that while he might not have interfered due a sense of justice, he could still interfere for other reasons. Now he actually has a wife and a daughter with genuine feelings for them, so totally ignoring kids being threatened by scumbags probably won't happen.

But yeah, in another story it could potentially be a good scene to build the character in such a direction.

Dex-chan lover
I think Zagan will help them out by scaring away the kidnappers, but not be bothered to help them beyond that. No adoption at this point in time. That will someone else's doing, maybe Neph.

Dex-chan lover
So enjoyable when she gets to be the badass she actually is.

Though it is cruel of me to say, a part of me wants to see a story where the protagonist outright decides that a scene like that ending is not his problem, and just ignores it.
But why? That'd feel like the author's wasting our time with irrelevant stuff if the characters have been previously introduced. Unless it's supposed to show how uncaring the MC is, but that's not the case here. Twists for twists' sake is just bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Zagan continues to look for dating spot. Just browsing some stalls ain't gonna cut it.

Dex-chan lover
I mean he has the power to at least fix the situation before his eyes. Yeah I don't expect him to erase all of it from the world, but there's no reason for him to not stop what's going on right before his eyes. Even more when both he and his wife were slaves as kids.

Users who are viewing this thread