Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Quiet Ones are Devastatingly Terrifying when Angry 3

Qgl3Q2K.gif

Group Leader
https://mangadex.org/data/593905041e58223495dbde6f9c5a26ba/T26.png

did my boy just fucking propose

Dex-chan lover
@usernameistaken
Thanks for the explanation. I was also wondering why he has a hobby of sitting on the throne, in the empty room, seemingly doing nothing. It's like some goofy demon king role play. Good to know there's a reason for it.

Fed-Kun's army
eh.... gotta say those assholes villagers deserve it
anyway our Mage finally get to get laid with his beloved Elf!...... who am i kidding ofc not... he probably gonna get flustered and do something dumb xD

Dex-chan lover
Keep in mind the "Kindness is poison" argument is being made by a damaged individual. You don't have to agree with Zagan to understand why he thinks the way he does. That's good character design from the author.

Also, thanks for cutting that panel Fluffyfish. Such a small pic but so cute.

Dex-chan lover
Oh hey, a debate popped up. I agree with @Qelix but just for fun, I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate.

Kindness in fact keeps us from murdering each other.
While that statement in itself is true, it's not absolute. There are many variabilities that contributes to murder: vengeance, blackmail, beliefs, immorality, psychotic behavior... the list goes on. Simply classifying kindness as a prevention of murder is very limited and often false for the reason stated above.

Richard Chase is a serial killer who refused to enter anyone's home who have their front door locked for the reason that we assume to be that he avoids breaking and entering. Why, isn't he very kind?
Source: https://www.thethings.com/sugar-spice-and-everything-nice-15-of-the-nicest-serial-killers-of-all-time/

Social kindness e.g. inspires to people to investing their lives for a greater good, life developing medicine for example, instead of using their intelligence to become another wall-street broker.
Ooh, I do agree. I mean, Alfred Noble invented the dynamite to help mine in a quarry faster and keep people at a safe distance. Isn't he nice? Oh yeah, people use his bomb to kill people. Great! Another great man who got abused of his kindness in ways he could not even predict.
Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Nobel

But to be fair, "the weak should perish" is a argument aggressors usually use.
That's called "natural selection", buddy.

If he had seen it under the aspect of kindness,
To make things clear, let us use these words' google definitions.
Kindness: "the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate."
Naive: "(of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment."

You see where I'm getting? If she were to act kind, she would be naive. "Oh look, a hero just came and save me" is both an act of kindness and naivety. This is a scenario where both meaning shall be inseparable. Compared to "A man has just slain my prosecutors. What is his ulterior motives? And why couldn't he come any sooner to save my friends?" which describes ungratefulness, predicting, and wisdom.

I thought about his "kindness is poison" stance more like a general attack on the concept of altruistic kindness.
Altruism: "the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others."

Except, this world isn't perfect. A multinational company has no problem letting thousands of its workers go jobless if it's for the sake of minimalizing loss at an unsatisfactory branch. Of course, there are so many small-scale examples of true altruism; but it is never absolute.

If some psycho were to strap a random stranger you don't know and your best friend to two railroads and a train is marching at full speed - you're given the switch to decide where the train will go and thus who will die.

In a world where altruism is absolute:
-Using the power of friendship, your best friend's rope has been loosened enough for em to escape.
-Then the two of you rescue the stranger.
-After that, you say hello to the train captain and tell him that everything's fine so that you won't worry him any further from his stressful day.
-And finally you invited the psychopath into rehabilitation where he is then finally able to rejoin society.
-And all five characters of this tale, including yourself, become friends.

But that isn't the world we live in, isn't it?

In this world, you just have to let the stranger go and hope that you satisfy the psycho's taste for blood.

And so, what is my objective to this entire argument? What am I trying to state?

Nothing lol. I just wanna shoot you down cause I like debates.

I came here to look if there's gonna be a debate on what the protagonist said, and looks like I was right. ?

Aggregator gang
I can't believe this chapter revealed the Shocking Truth that this is just the Blasphemous Love Story of a D&D Wizard and Sorcerer.

Why do I think the 'nameless girl' who he saved grew up to be the Holy Knight who he just dealt with? She looks kinda similar.

Re; Philosophy : This guy would get along well with Darth Traya.

Dex-chan lover
@Drifter: Keep in mind the "Kindness is poison" argument is being made by a damaged individual. You don't have to agree with Zagan to understand why he thinks the way he does. That's good character design from the author.
+1 upvote. It is good character design.

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN: Oh, there is a notification and......Naaaahhh fuck. Fucking wall of text. Is that my punishment for always writing too much? ?

Overall (in most cases) you share me POV? Welcome on the winning side! ? But for sake of defending my arguments....

Okay. The first one was vaguely formulated. I just wanted to get my point across. Let me restate that. "Kindness in fact keeps us from mass and serial murdering each other in most cases." There! Better. Well. You don't have to be kind to not murder people, but truly kind people seldom do that.

>>But to be fair, "the weak should perish" is a argument aggressors usually use.
That's called "natural selection", buddy.
Nature doesn't use arguments. It does its thing. Only people are just too complicated and weak and therefore need "arguments", a stuff they made up. And the most funny part about this is, those "argument"-thingis sometimes even make them mad. ? Welp, the girl did get mad. Point proven.

Oh, Alfred Noble and dynamite. A really great guy! And that dynamite thing still helps today to feed millions of people. And helps to gives them electricity. And metals. And railways. Etc. You know, who should be sued? That guy that invented the hammer! That vicious thing killed soooo many people. Wait....If hammers kill people, do keyboards make typos?

To make things clear, [...]
[...] which describes ungratefulness, predicting, and wisdom.
I'll be frank. Wisdom is overrated. Nativity rocks! I for my part like my women naive. But to come back to the topic at hand: Patience could be seen as both part of wisdom and as part of kindness. If he would have been a bit kinder (he wouldn't have said that in first place), but he might have shown more patience and consideration. Instead he got pissed, because she got pissed, which showed a lack of experience, wisdom and judgment. XP

>>I thought about his "kindness is poison" stance more like a general attack on the concept of altruistic kindness.
Altruism: "the belief in ...
Oh, fuck no. I'm not doing this. Please read the fine print. Disclaimer: "That said, I really don't want to discuss, if altruistic kindness really exists (We could as well discuss the existence of God. Nobody will be happy afterwards.)" ?

Well, okay. I'm doing this a bit.
In a world where altruism is absolute:
-Using the power of friendship, your best friend's rope has been loosened enough for em to escape.
-Then the two of you rescue the stranger.
-After that, you say hello to the train captain and tell him that everything's fine so that you won't worry him any further from his stressful day.
-And finally you invited the psychopath into rehabilitation where he is then finally able to rejoin society.
-And all five characters of this tale, including yourself, become friends.

But that isn't the world we live in, isn't it?
No, that would be Equestria or the Nanoha-verse.

Nothing lol. I just wanna shoot you down cause I like debates.
Geez. Y u so mean? Bee a bit more kind, will ya? ?

Ahh, discussions are fun. But some day I'll get banned, for posting too much text.

Double-page supporter
"Oh noes, I spent all my time obtaining power, and now I'm all alone, Ohhhhh, what a world, what a world."

Someone really needs to write a book on how most fantasy protagonists are at least 90% responsible for their own misery.

Users who are viewing this thread