Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - A Broken Heart is Also Fairly Physically Painful 1

Dex-chan lover
Your regular horse shit development that is only there to cause contrived drama, and needlessly drag on a story-arc.
The name's of the story: "How to love your elf-waifu", not: "I am an edge boy". It's obvious that, even if he'll kick her out, she'll return. Which means this entire development is absolutely fudging pointless. That'd make it infuriating.

I bet that she'd never leave, that the next chapter will have the Elf argue against the Mage, and they'd come to some conclusion.
That is to say, that entire buildup was just there to create a cliff-hanger. Yeah, good luck remembering that shit for next month.

Double-page supporter
I read the novel and yea this is the typical corny plot device

Group Leader
@fresthy Thanks for the chap. But please take a short crash course in how to efficiently save png files. With mangadex loading slowly it becomes pretty obvious how abnormally huge the pages are. If you use correct saving options in photoshop you can probably make files almost 50% smaller with no quality reduction.

Dex-chan lover
Zagan gained the title "Demon Lord".
Zagan has lost something important to him.
Zagan has gained a new stat "regret".
Zagan has gained 9001 "regret" points.

Dex-chan lover
@DarkDooM MangaDex is currently in the process of recovering from a DDoS attack and is running slowly, the compression has little to do with it. Even pages with mere kB sizes are taking up to several minutes to load with Gb connection speeds.

Group Leader
@StealthAria I know about the DDoS attack but if a page is 500kb instead of 1mb it'd definitely load quite a bit faster. As a matter of fact I wasn't able to load the entire chapter yesterday even after half an hour but other smaller releases were done after a few minutes.
Compressing files correctly is important.

Double-page supporter
Honestly freeing her probably makes her more of a target. Mages and Demon Lords don't care about your slave, but freeing a slave for no reason? That's going to do nothing but put extra attention on her. Especially an elf with high magic capabilities. She's the perfect catalyst for some experiments. Releasing her isn't protecting her from anything, at least given the information that was provided about the world earlier.

So this girl, who was not only targeted, but captured by a demon lord and sealed away once already, is now being thrown into the wild again. He really thinks this is a good idea?
If anything, she is in a worse position now than the first time she was captured. Now, thousands of mages(from the auction) know about her and her powers. It is also possible that the church is after her head as well. Perhaps other mages can feel her magic power and track her now that the seal is gone.

Dex-chan lover
The old english dialogue was very difficult to understand. I would've prefer it to be just regular english.

@Xoldin that's not old english, that is somewhat similar to early modern english (Shakespeare-era). Old english is not something anyone would be able to read just like that. 😉

Dex-chan lover
I hate this kind of entitled asshole MCs: you are not selfless, you are a selfish bastard that want to play the "tragic hero" character. If you want the best for her, lying to her and breaking her heart is not the correct way: you should explain the situation in detail, present your best solution, LET HER CHOOSE WHAT TO DO and RESPECT HER CHOICE, even if that would mean loosing her.

Users who are viewing this thread