Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Becoming a Demon Lord Seems to Require Arrogant Behaviour 1

Dex-chan lover
By the way, it may be dumb not to kill him, but he did it to make the loli smile, so actually it's the perfect thing to do.

Yeah no! There really isn't a reason to let him live. Sure he may be strong enough not to bother with him, but he is no longer alone. For someone who has moved his back and kidnapped his wife already, there is no way he can just let him be. Could have at least crippled him though if he goes that fire might as well kill him. And the booze thing is dumb.
Also unlike other manga here we have an MC who has already killed a person. While that doesn't mean he should go around killing everyone, it does make it easier.

Page 35/36
Holy shit.
afa7b406301553c7b0e67a3e81326eff.jpg

Dex-chan lover
you absolute pussy, you're going to let him live? he betrayed you, tried to kill you several times, kidnapped your one true love, if that's not worth killing him for then what is?
my guess, the author wants to keep the MC being a holy Gary Stu who is just such a good guy that gets beat down on the system man, he wouldn't hurt a fly.so he plans to have this demon the guy summoned kill him so the MC will not have to bloody his hands and keep staying such a holy kind merciful dude... i hate shit like that

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer
he betrayed you, tried to kill you several times, kidnapped your one true love, if that's not worth killing him for then what is?
Him not bringing the free tasty booze.

Aggregator gang
@Qelix He explicitly said that he's showing him pity. He's not hiding that fact.

And what kind of reason is this to even drop a manga. I get flamed to the moon and back for saying if the girl from Reincarnated as a Sword doesn't fight for her life, then it's not worth reading her story.

But just cuz this guy isn't edgelord mcGee killing everybody he doesn't like, that's a reason to drop a manga? The fuck? This was perfectly within who Zagan is as a character. He's a genuinely nice person who doesn't know how to express that to the people around him. Him being a murdering psychopath out of nowhere would have been painfully jarring considering there were about 0 lasting consequences to Barbaros' actions.

Dex-chan lover
He wanted to summon demons but summoned an Earthbound Immortal...

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
Well the girl from "reincarnated as a sword" is not the protagonist, that would be the sword.
The appeal of the story is not her growth or the fighting but the relationship and bound of the MC with the cat girl.
At most she is a framing device, giving an objective to our protagonist that would have none otherwise.

Group Leader
@Aretheus It's all about the future prospects. What if there's a second Barbatos?

And he said he's so powerful that he doesn't care if Barbatos comes to kill him again? Did he even consider that Barbatos might be aiming to kill the elf instead for his revenge?

There are many other ways to wrap up this little mess of an arc instead of Barbatos having a high chance of dying from the summon just so that the MC can keep his (already dirty) hands clean.

Aggregator gang
@mahtan I disagree. If anything, Fran has more agency in their relationship as to what they do and what their goals are. They are equally the protagonist in my eyes and only of them at least has a proper arc from underdog slave to respectable adventurer. So if she's the one with agency in the story, I'd sure hope that she doesn't roll over and die like a possum.

"What do you gain from letting your enemy..."
"My God! Are you deaf or stupid? I just answered that! Booze! Good and tasty booze! Now stop wasting my time and go get it!!!!" XD

To all the people complaining about how he let the enemy mage live, let me just tell you:

There are worse things than being killed.

I imagine that the realization that the MC has the ability to completely negate magic he is already familiar with and can eat magic he is unfamiliar with would freak any mage out. Because that means you would have no way to attack him nor to defend yourself against him.

Sure, you could kidnap/kill those important to him, but would you REALLY want to do that to someone who can easily catch you and then imprison you with no way to escape? Torture you and not let you die? And if this mage has figured out the impossible notion of completely cancelling out hostile magic, then what OTHER crazy things might he eventually discover?

I’d be afraid of being trapped in a time loop forever. Or perhaps having all my limbs cut off, then being cursed with immortality so I would spend the rest of existence like that.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
I understand but I see diferently. Master is the one with agency, but he decided to suport Fran who could do nothing without him.
I agree she is the one with an arc, wich as I pointed is something that gave the MC some objective to strive for (make Fran strong) instead of having nothing concrete to strive for. Fran dying would actually be a good plot change as it would force a change in the MC personality, we could get a "Demon Lord in making" kind story from it or her death can give him some other objective. Note that I like Fran and don't want she to die, just reconize it could be a good plot point.

The thing with "reincarnated as a sword" is that the MC is already too OP but he is an equipment and as such needs someone to wield him to give some pourpose for his existence. If not Fran, someone else and his personality changes for having and losing wielders could lead to something interesting wich I just don't have enough imagination to create...

the manga didn't go as detailed as the novel but the only reason the mc didn't kill the guy is because in summary, he wants a friend.
in short, the spared guy is the vegeta of the story.
the mc already killed plenty of people before, good moral reasoning is already invalid at this point.

Lot of edgelords just frothing at the mouth wanting to live out their power fantasies of killing their enemies here it seems.

Contributor
all these people whining because he didn't kill the only guy our Mc knew.

Dex-chan lover
I was actually going to be annoyed if he killed Barbaros, which was where I was fully expecting the story to go.
Why? Because like other people have said - it's literally his only 'friend'.
He's also one of what? Five characters in the cast? Yeah I think I'd like to see the cast grow a bit before we kill off the few we know.

Contributor
@shoker friend...? seriously? I don't think either of them thought about themselves as friends.
@Siquall you can know new ppl everyday, why would that be a good enough reason to not kill someone who almost tortured the person you love?

Users who are viewing this thread