Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - Even So, Defeating Evil is a Holy Knight's Duty (3)

I wouldn't specifically say church bad demons good always. Here in fact demons are SUPER BAD, some higher ups in the church are bad fanatics, and the mages are jackasses that range from neutral to evil with the nicest being the main character. The most good characters in the entire story are the holy knight that befriended them and the elf because even the MC is willing to do more gray acts when necessary.

Dex-chan lover
@Sharkun0: Hmmm... is that a furigana gloss for the kanji name, or did the name actually contain the Japanese word for phosphor(us) (燐) or somesuch?

is there going to be a "Maou" protagonist, who's an actual "Demon". Even if you perceive demons metaphorically, I have literally seen only a few novel/manga/anime where the protagonist is an actual demon, and they were all done in murder-hobo manners.

Dex-chan lover
Good, that pope is dead. If Holy Swords choose The "Right", then that means the church is wrong.

@Sharkun0 He was a literal demon, but then he stopped being demon-like after he was defeated, right? It has the same issue that most non-human protagonist media have, I haven't checked out the manga/novel so perhaps it changes later on, but it seems like a slice-of-life so I doubt it.

Dex-chan lover
@ninjakai03
don't worry, he doesn't. he joins the gang.

@jimmyclear
they don't actually choose 'the right', they just choose who they want. it generally seems to be linked to potential strength tho

lol when i thought that the words "atomic slash" popped into my mind

and damn.... that dude.... whatever you might say about him... he sure has some style 😉

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka to be fair, I'm not sure the author himself knows how
the swords are supposed to work for the whole plot of the series to make sense by this point of the light novel.
Like, if there are Seraphim in them, who Marthosias hunted to extinction for some reason, while Marthosias is supposed to be the good guy?
I'm very concerned the final explanation is going to be extremely lame.

Dex-chan lover
@danvolodar
imo it seems like seraphim aren't particularly different from demons. each side managed to get power from some of them and assert that they're in the right. I think mardude was trying to remove all extraplanar influence from the world so humans (and dragons, lol) would live without being interfered with. that said it's all just a mechanism to flirt with nefi so...

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka >it's all just a mechanism to flirt with nefi
Okay I lol'd.
That said, I'm willing to bet Bifrons turns out to have some ComPLEx MoTiVAtIOnS rather that just being a jerk like he appears to be.

Dex-chan lover
@danvolodar
i mean, he does. but it's really just down to him being ultra autistic and not understanding how to emotion. i assume he'll eventually join the team in some fashion, or at least be involved in zagan's plan against the final boss

Users who are viewing this thread