Maou Reijou no Shikousha - Ch. 3 - A Battle to be Butler

Dex-chan lover
Humans being the evil race is as tired as The Demons being the evil race. We need a unique third race to start being evil all the time, to freshen things up, until that to becomes dull and cliche - then we can probably just start cycling through the three races.
R.c683cdaf54997d213255519b948bb332

Dex-chan lover
Let's see how far this original spin goes. Also, yay (not really) magic school arc on the horizon?!.

Dex-chan lover
This is a story that tries to do too much all at once, yet none at all altogether.
The writer clearly wanted to express a complicated world, with these Arcana / tarot-users, a 2 faced ruling party, filled with intrigue -- but at the same time, cannot sit still. He's just throwing around the idea of a complicated world, rather than have a bit of proper pacing to let the readers read into the world themselves.
It also doesn't help that he uses basic arse RPG-mechanics as status screens and stats, on top of tired isekai tropes.

This just feels like someone in their teens trying way too hard at looking serious, while not actually bothering to read their own shit. I bet the only reason this got translated is because of the loli.
The Japs really will just animate / illustrate anything, won't they.

Dex-chan lover
as if hanged man isnt edgy enough, suddenly mc turned into butler and then this chapter "academy",

why, why is it always school arc, im so sick of it

Dex-chan lover
I have place to say that Arcanas used as a theme is overly used, nonetheless this is a pretty interesting manga.
Thank you for the TL!

Double-page supporter
This is pretty interesting, but there's already too much going on, and it feels like the pace is moving WAY TOO fast.
Also the panelling is kinda ass.
Aside from that, interesting story, slow first two chaps and then this third one was too fast.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like a step above the typical isekai series since I can feel like the author atleast put a little bit of thought into the setup behind the arcana system. Hoping this pans out nicely.

Aggregator gang
The world bend over backward for the MC just to setup things, so rushed..

Dex-chan lover
Someone read assasin dearu and a certain 7 princess story and decide to just mash them together. . . . Without making it better in some way or another

Dex-chan lover
Humans being the evil race is as tired as The Demons being the evil race. We need a unique third race to start being evil all the time, to freshen things up, until that to becomes dull and cliche - then we can probably just start cycling through the three races.
True where are my evil dwarves?

I would say evil elves but they already get thrown under the horny bus so they already have enough bad things coming their way.

Dex-chan lover
the hangman is the wild card? I thought the fool is usually the wild card in arcana?

Dex-chan lover
So what you're saying is that the knife-ears need to start being evil so we can correct them?
Careful there, you may need those knife ears when the giant rat men come out of the sewers to take over the planet!

Users who are viewing this thread