Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - The Third [Contracted Demon]

I really feel pity for Aura, I couldn't image how I have to fight my instinct the whole time...

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal

I think you meant to tag someone else since all I did was told another commenter not to assume things or else they'd be disappointed. Also, I already read the novel bruh, and
rather than the medal, he gains Evil's ability to procreate with females.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid

Well if i did get the wrong person, sorry for that :p
Also....
He gets both medal and power actually.
The darkening or whatever his powered up form with wings is called gives him the power of up to 3 other demon lords power who he has destroyed dungeons off.
But again why bother crafting other medals when his own is super broken and he can just buy the other medals for points ?

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal

I remember him mentioning that he had limited use for that particular medal as well.

Either way, while his medal is OP, he still needs another as a catalyst to create demons from other species, so having variety and options should be the main reason he keeps multiple medals. Also, if he can make his own, it would mean he wouldn’t have to spend at all.

Supporter
The LN has more details on the [Evil] ability (which I won't mention) but it got me thinking. This ability, GENUINELY sucks. [Evil] - He captures females and assaults them to build his forces.
In this world, there seems to be (or it would make sense if there were) a mutual "agreement" between humans/demon lords, humans attack, demon lords defend. If you risk your life and die, that was part of the agreement. But what would likely end up happening is that female adventurers would just have NO INTEREST in raiding his dungeon, and his acts of assault would likely enrage adventurers enough that they would build a raid party to destroy the dungeon. So he'd likely not have a chance to increase his power and would be hunted down.

The only way to build his power is to have a dungeon that is hidden/inaccessible, and then venture out and strike villages/travelers and such until he has a huge army of his spawn. All the while balancing aggressiveness with covertness. Basically he's playing on hard mode.

Double-page supporter
Son of a bitch, so are we already over Aura/A.E's issues? So she's already now able to be more kind now just by being contracted? I stated this before, but one of the most critical issues of this manga so far (even if 22 chapters are still quite short to make a full assessment), is that Procell is able to somehow literally breeze through any conflict they have so easily within a single chapter. Either through sheer stupid luck (but not really luck because it was the author's machinations) or some overpowered shit, he just goes through all his problems like no issues. Unless the author either ramps up the conflicts a little more to be of actual issue or something, this manga will turn boring quick. If anyone read and remember's a great arc, think of HunterxHunter's chimera ant arc ... now that is an arc that really showed riveting conflict and proper struggles.

Double-page supporter
Is the written novel of this series also like this manga, in how Procell just easily breezes through everything?

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid

There is not a limit to the medals that he makes or buys.....
But the once you buy for points are not as good, and is kind of pointless for him for other reasons.

There are two tiers of medals.
The "real" once that they make once every month
And the "fake" once that they can get as much as they want for points.

The monsters rank and power depend a lot on the level of the medals.
The problem is that the "fake" medals are 1 tier lower then then "real" medals. ( not all medals are equal and most other demon lord's only have B ranked once with a few with exceptions like Stollas with A )
His own medals are S rank but take 2 other medals to make a monster instead of 1.... a too small price to pay IMO.
Most of the other medals he can make so far is B rank when he makes them once a month, so he would only be able to get C rank monsters if he buys the point version.

Its usually better for demon lords to buy medals and try to get lucky so that they can get a B rank or a C rank if they don´t as if you only have an A rank monster at most you can only buy C rank monsters.
But because MC has S rank monsters he can buy B rank monsters with points from the same line of monsters as his S ranks, and that negates the point of using low tier "fake" medals entirely.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter
yes, it is....
S rank monsters are super rare and only the strongest in the world has one
S ranks can´t be made from normal medals unless you get that one in a 10.000 chance if you use two A rank medals ( and only a few demon lords have A rank medals to begin with B is the average )
That combined with the fact it takes two months between rolls as fabricated medals wont work Becouse they are allways one tier lower so most demon lords can´t ever get one.
And the few who can do it only get it once in a life time... ( usually S rank monsters are rewards from the demon god as he can give out medals that 100% give you S ranks, but those are rare too )

The fact he has more then one is crazy to everybody as it would take some insane amount of luck assuming he has a A rank medal ( few demon lords know how his medal work after all ).
That said its not going to be as easy for him going forward, he is going to be fighting in the big leagues pretty soon and that is when he is going to actually have to try to not die...
Its never going to be super hard for him, but its going to at least be a little bit challangeing.
You should consider this a slow paced city builder more then a war game type of story.

@DatOneGuy

Personally I think "Evil" is kind of great.
It works on female minions of other demon lord´s too. ( not to mention your own if you are into that kind of thing)
The trick would be to hide the fact you have the power, even if people start to consider you a pervert who enjoys rape you could negate it by getting a good reputation in other ways.
( remember all other demon lords are sterile and few are going to jump to the conclusion you are breeding monsters instead of you just buying them for points like normal. )

Human´s are kind of weak in this setting so honestly, they are not that useful to him.
Other monsters would breed stronger offspring so capturing other monsters in war is the way to go ( or in the wild but that is going to be hard to track down as they are super rare )
He has a super strong capability to just swarm opponents with low tier monsters and as long as he gets a few strong once from trading or some other way he can breed B rank monster.
Sure it might take months before you can use the same female again, but if you have just one or two A rank females who can breed A / B ranks you are already far above most others.
You got to remember that the MC is completely broken In terms of power levels and most demon lords are nowhere near his level of power.
Its a great power for playing the long game, but he died too fast to ever get to use his power much.... or he was just an idiot.... or both.
If you want a bad power, look at the
Pig
demon lord who has the power to
kill his own minions to gain a temporary power boost that also lowers his intelligence.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal

Right, I remember that. It’s what gives him advantage over other demon lords; having B rank “static” monsters continuously generated versus the standard C rank that most have.

best bro Wight-kun

he actually really wants to become master's contracted demon, but knows that AE need it more for her uncontrollable killer instinct.

F for Wight.

So he decline the offer so that AE can be the third contracted demon. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Great to see Aura feels part of the group now. She always seemed a little too reserved and quiet even compared to the other two named demons. However, while her sociability has been raised while hopefully lowering her killer instinct, their soul connection has unfortunately overwhelmed the MC with blood lust turning him into a battle maniac thirsting for blood. Oh well, nobody's perfect.

@9manny99 Are you saying Wight is a poor guy? He had the chance to get a name but chose not to. Also, he's happy as things are which is why he didn't want to be turned back into components and then brought back as a stronger monster with his memories intact. Not to mention, his fiance likes him as he is so if he became to uber powerful it could hamper their relationship. Like crushing her ribs while hugging.

Dex-chan lover
[Evil] sure has magic fingers... Even his hands grew back. Off-screen, to boot!

Edit: In other news, skele-bro continues being skele-bro to the best of his ability. Never change, our friend filled with friendship and calcium.

So Jw... his medal is "Evil"? or he doesn't get medals and instead is given the super seed ability? Cuase procell needs it, if you know what I mean ;)

Users who are viewing this thread