Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi~ - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
So is the role of demon lords to advance the technology of the world? And the MC can do it directly because of his creation ability?

Dex-chan lover
So happy that Wight is still a dude...but does this mean we actually should remove the isekai tag?

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.. you can abandon your position and after lose your crystal, you still life? Or maybe usually in the war, demon lord kill the other lord first before destroying their crystal.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi @HDMI1 Isekai can probably still stay. "Children of the stars" and "memory of this star" sounds like "this solar system spawned children based on its own past," which is a roundabout way of doing reincarnation. Though not as a single continuous soul. More of a collection of ideas and experiences.

I'm surprised they just went "ok, let's not think about that and just have a party." That's the kind of existential revelation that you spend a page or two of self-reflection on, at least. We didn't even get to see the other demon lord's emotional reactions, just their story reactions of "I quit war" and "I quit," which felt more like post-battle decisions than post-revelation decisions.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi
"isekai" is a very vague term in itself, it just mean "other world" (so in a way, 90% of fantasy story are isekai).

If we narrow isekai to what isekai reader think of, that another world is caracterized by one or multiple character having either:
[ul]
[li]Reincarnated (usually killed by truck kun)[/li]
[li]Transported (truck-kun transporting service)[/li]
[li]Received memory/information from someone/something that is not from this another world (I can only count two or three that I have this plot)
[/ul]

Now, the question is : does those memory necessarily need to be real or not?
if yes, this story isn't an isekai
if no, this story is an isekai

BUT! We could also argue "is isekai only necessary for the presentation of the story?" or "does the absence of isekai tag spoil a plot point of the story?"

I would argue myself that the tag shouldn't be removed.

Dex-chan lover
@Le_Flemard Yeah after talking with my bro we goth kinda thought the same thing that maybe removing the tag would actually spoil those starting out fresh on the series.

Fed-Kun's army
I want to make sure that I am getting this so the MC is the sun?

Dex-chan lover
@Halex I dont think theres any "Sun". Its another world with other stars, and those appear to be entities themselves, not your average star.

Dex-chan lover
So the administrator of Demon Lords is an Eldritch Abomination.

Cool.

Fed-Kun's army
I think he isn't using 'Star' as in what we understand as star. But 'Star' as celestial planetiods. Question becomes is it the history of that planet or other planets?

Kil

What the administrator is saying is that Star = Planet. So, Procell and the other demon lords are manifestations of a bunch of memories from the planet itself. The randomness of the memories creates many different people and personalities.

Dex-chan lover
wait, so this isnt an isekai then?

@Le_Flemard
No reincarnation is not isekai, reincarnation is Tensei, why do people find this so hard to understand?
if you start broadening the term, then crossing the street as a 5 year old is an isekai because its a new world to a 5 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread