Maou-sama, Retry! R - Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
I still don't know why Kunai is so afraid of Yu. Sure, she has got a few screws loose, but she's still his exceedingly loyal underling. Is his fear that if he shows any personal goodwill toward her, she will henceforth become not only a smoldering yandere but an openly raging yandere?
she's sharp,both figuratively and physically. if by chance she found out that "kunai" is not actually kunai and that someone possessed(?) his body instead, you can roughly guess what she would do then.

Dex-chan lover
she's sharp,both figuratively and physically. if by chance she found out that "kunai" is not actually kunai and that someone possessed(?) his body instead, you can roughly guess what she would do then.
He seems to be afraid of that, but I'd expect the fear to be baseless. It's not a risk he's willing to take. He fears no enemy in battle, but he's pretty timid in relationships, deep down, mostly just elbowing his way through conversations by relying on his intimidating appearance and growing fame/infamy.

Dex-chan lover
@DevilBro559 Best guess for "locomi" period on page 7 is he's referring to the stage where they gain influence via word of mouth, establishing a good reputation with the locals. According to my favorite online Japanese-English dictionary:

He's using net-slang to say they're almost done courting good reviews and are ready to move on to the real objective.

Edit: damn emoji markdown turning the noun indicators into thumbs-down...
Beat me to it. Also, it's a visual pun, a purposeful misreading of "kuchikomi" (the word for word-of-mouth) by replacing the kanji for "mouth" with the katakana for the sound "ro" (they look very similar). The misreading is what turns it into net slang. Kuchikomi is an older term.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't know why Kunai is so afraid of Yu. Sure, she has got a few screws loose, but she's still his exceedingly loyal underling. Is his fear that if he shows any personal goodwill toward her, she will henceforth become not only a smoldering yandere but an openly raging yandere?
I guess since his world becomes reality, he might be worried how NPCs will react.

They are not "NPC" anymore, just a person living in same dimension as he is.

He probably worried he might be killed if NPC he summons gang up on him.

Dex-chan lover
He seems to be afraid of that, but I'd expect the fear to be baseless. It's not a risk he's willing to take. He fears no enemy in battle, but he's pretty timid in relationships, deep down, mostly just elbowing his way through conversations by relying on his intimidating appearance and growing fame/infamy.
to be exact Akira not sure about their reaction to knowing the Hakuto Kunai in front them isnt the Hakuto Kunai they know, he failed to factor their actually prefer Hakuto as Akira Ono since Akira is their creator basically their god. there also reaction with Akane who said she actually hate the "Creator" to place her in "horrible place"(aka the Game) but at same time its implied Akane at same time feel "love" the said creator and had mixed feeling for it.
the manga somehow failed to convey this compared to LN but in many shot story that show Akira past in earth its shown Akira is ambitious and selfish man who believe in himself, he can be jerk to and hard to work with since he believe his world(game) is better than other which lead to his downfall twice and he never learn for his third try (the game Hakuto Kunai came form) that way the tittle is Retry
this not really confirmed but in one epilogue with Akira past in earth setting, someone mentioned Akira is the "Lucifer" so there possibility this end up like last boss series where MC reincarnated no once but twice

Group Leader
Dex-chan lover
siscon bro just casually rug pulled mc in the most disrespecting way possible lmao

Users who are viewing this thread