Maou-sama, Retry! R - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Fujisaki Akane

Dex-chan lover
thanks for posting the sequel already with a chapter, much appreciated!!

@Crevanille might wanna add some spoiler text to your comment...

I get the feeling that the aides he keeps passing over would actually be the best ones to have around, if he wasn't too lazy and unwilling to deal with them.

Excuse me... coming through... just putting a bookmark here.... ahh there you go, thank you

Oh ok. She has effectively made me hate her mere moments after being introduced.
Please let her die offscreen somewhere far off so we don’t have to see much of her in the future.

Dex-chan lover
@no168_92 he gets in game currency, or something like skill points, from fighting monsters, and they're used to pay for the soap and other stuff he's been selling in this world. Buildings and his NPC aides are very expensive.

Dex-chan lover
I love the translators for posting this as soon as they completed the other series, but I really don’t understand why the publishers felt the need to make a whole new series instead of continuing from the last. This picks up RIGHT after chapter 25 of the first series; I was expecting a month (or more) timeskip at least. Also this isn’t nearly as good of a first chapter as it should be if they’re selling this as a separate series. Not that its a bad chapter (it is a fine chapter), but it’s a good chapter in the middle of a series; the first chapter in a whole new series has a lot higher standard because it alone needs to get people interested to buy more.

This chapter was mostly fine. The only thing that really annoyed me was that the MC hinted at a super interesting subordinate (one that had a relationship with his real self; like what? How does that even happen?), but then just immediately says “she’s definitely not an option” and picked someone not nearly as interesting (the energetic bubbly highschool girl idiot airhead personality wasn’t something I needed in my life). Like why even mention this impossible sounding awesome character if she was never even a real choice to summon (except now that he’s mentioned her, he has to summon her eventually), why bring her up at all? Its the worst kind of tease as it just makes no sense and feels so forced. And what was up with that last panel? That’s the S rank adventurer that works with the chuuni priest right? If so she’s seen the MC tons and we’ve gotten a lot on her; I don’t understand why this time is such a big deal or why I should even care that this character is chasing after the MC right now (personally I didn’t even find her that interesting to the plot last series; I was trying to figure out why they kept recurring so much because they did literally nothing)

Thanks for the chap!

With regards to the art change its due to the LN artists changing. The mangaka designed his characters around the first LN art but the artists have now changed (personal issue I believe) and the new artist has a different style so the mangaka has had to change some of the styles a bit hence why Luna cut her hair too much by "mistake". I personally prefer the old style but hey ho. I'm not sure why the mangaka was made to do this (and they were made to do it) as they could have just carried on but it is what it is.

Dex-chan lover
So, they changed the art styles? I hope Mikan doesn't get the stripper outfit that she has in the anime.

@TNT261 I think the reason why he chose to pass on the subordinate who had a close relationship with Kunai (as in, the character that he is currently in the role of) is because he's already worried enough about his current two subordinates getting suspicious of his motives not completely lining up with "Kunai"'s motives, he doesn't want to bring in someone who is practically guaranteed to notice the discrepancies

Power Uploader
@TNT261 as far as I'm concerned, the reason is because this is where the LN and WN split into 2 different routes, and the manga adapted the LN route instead of the WN route
which shows Kunai picking Ren instead of Akane
. They may have planned either routes to be a spinoff but ditched the WN route in the end to prioritize the LN route.

Users who are viewing this thread