Maou-sama, Retry! R - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Fujisaki Akane

Dex-chan lover
So... we get a normal summon ?
well she's a bit weird with all those sentence ending things...

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL About Tahara's background, its not that he loves all guns in the world, its actually the other way around. He is beloved by all guns in the world. Guns loves him so much that they would rub up on him. And if a gun is aim at him it wouldn't shoot. Source; LN and WN.

i wonder why they all chased him last time, hopefully we find out next chapter.

and thanks for keeping up with this series :)

At this point, I feel kinda obligated to ask the translator to read the novel. Many issues related to terminology have already been resolved there (and even if J-Novel is not the most established company, their version is still so far the official English translation, so their terminology should be used in other versions). Also, as you can get ahead, you get some stuff on the first try without waiting for context. It's only logical to assume that Tahara loves guns, but that's actually a misstranslation: guns love him. You can also use their version of puns, since they have already dealt with the issue (Holy Virgin -> Holey Maiden).

Dex-chan lover
@jalil29 nope. It's like adding common trope "-desu", catgirl "-nya", bunny girl "-usa", hattori "-gozaru" or naruto "-ttebayo". They are just a way to speak without adding any different to the meaning.

I was like why didi it end v
But if it's a rename I am ok with it and thank you for the update

Power Uploader
@littleoni I'm afraid reading the official English LN might be a bad idea, though. The error has been fixed.

Regarding the guns loving him, it was mistake on my part. We will update a quick fix.

Contributor
@midnight2630 Luna is behind the MC on the chapter cover, the girl is probably someone we haven't been introduced to yet.

@RonBWL I was suggesting reading it mostly due to terminology. Since there is an official version of each term, that's the one that should be used to avoid confusion. The manga takes some liberties relative to the LN (mostly stuff happening in a different order and any chapter that has anything to do with the past being completely supressed, probably to chain them all together when they become relevant), so if you use different terminology, someone familiar with one version could get confused whether a term is referring to the same thing or something different. Skill names are kinda irrelevant, for example, because the skills themselves make no sense and their names have no meaning; currency, on the other hand, is very important to keep track of.

@HDMI1 @midnight2630
That character has already been introduced (or should have been at some point, I don't remember if the manga actually goes into that part), though recognizing her from that image alone is impossible.

Double-page supporter
Wouldn't "multiple breeding processes" also be a pun on "multiple bleeding processes" in Japanese, depending on how it's written?

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow I'm so glad they didn't change the artist!!! Thank you for the update hehehe
I'm loving all the new characters but I'll be wary of this one... Doesn't look bad but she seems to have hidden sides

....Okay....
1. This only loosely follows the end of LN vol 3 while still being closer to the WN's version of events.
2. The fact that nothing about New Xenobia, the Tsardom of Light, and a ton of other details and subplots being involved yet is proof of that. Namely, Luna's BFF Eagle and how it relates to the next arc..
3. Olgan showing up out of the blue here also lacks the context it had in the LN since, she was in Rookie at the time Yuu and Hakuto curb stomped the invasion and one sh9t the entire dungeon.... Still ridiculous, but SSSOOOO awesome!
I also am weirdly annoyed that Olgaj wears clothes in the manga.... Look, before anyone asks or says something stupid. I'm just used to her normal, practically naked under the cloak look.
4. I forget if the manga mentions it, but guns, no matter what kind, ABSOLUTELY LOVE, Tahara, who himself is.... in love with his sister, who is pretty much just as in love with him.
Anyway, no gun will EVER work against him and will pretty much become his familiar ibstead. He is literally blessed by the l9ve of firearms. He actually demonstrates this with trying to farm and compares it to the Bunnies and farming carrots.
5. I hope the manga keeps the very, VERY ooc Akane moment and conversation she has with Hakuto post, 'touched by God' hug.... like what happened with Yuu.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

So glad the translators are continuing this series into the new one. Releasing the last chapter at the same time as the first of the new one was a great plan!

Thank you for your hard work! 😊

Users who are viewing this thread