Maou-sama, Retry!

Aggregator gang
@MisterXiado that's the same reason I came to MangaDex too. I started to get to many virus attacks from group sites that it didn't seem worth it. Smh

Aggregator gang
@Cae being money hungry is a surefire way to get publishers to crack down on scanlation projects. People are not supposed to be making money off of it because it's not their work, which is what publishers have been saying for years.

I've seen plenty of groups get shut down because they wanted to say the scanlation was a service instead if a hobby, just to get hit with a cease and desist from the company. These groups are playing a risky game man.

Power Uploader
@Dorxless It was Hatigarm Scans. Incidentally the three of us (Kitsune TL, Auxil PR and me editor) were also their staff (now only Auxil's still there)

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's easier to read it here when the bookmark reminds you of new releases, rather than to remember to go hunting for it here and there.

Double-page supporter
@RonBWL Since you guys were staff over there then don't you have the rights to reup all the hatigarm chapters if you retouch them a bit? Afterall it's your work too and they are doing it illegally as well (to my knowledge all but ToDG are illegally worked on by them), so I doubt hatigarm can do anything about it if you reupload them here. You got as much rights to it as he does, it's not like he's the overlord of scanlation no?

Power Uploader
@Vengeance22 Problem is that's against Mangadex's policy, and I doubt Hati'll take it kindly if I try to do so. Best to just play fair and redo the chapters properly, plus we can remaster the TL a bit and fix errors presented in earlier chapters

Contributor
So some groups leaved because they don't get enought clicks on their websites? I'm correctly understand the whole situation? Then screw them, who cares, scanlating is a hobby, something you do not FOR MONEY but for passion. Who do it for money is a disgrace and is better if they never come back to free services like this.
I will never donate a whole cent to scan groups, i will give money to free services like MD, a service from scanlators, from fans to fans.

Power Uploader
@Nick86 There are some debates from both side, but ultimately I see no current issue for using Mangadex. That's why I quit Hatigarm after the nuke of Anjou-san, because as a scanlators I want release to be read on the most convenient place for readers (If you guys find any place better than Dex though, feel free to alert me and I'll pay 'em a visit).

What is it with some people and doing seemingly everything for money especially things like this which aren't even legal to do in the first place?

This is what happen when you start to consider a gray area hobby to be a money making work. If you need money then get a job, don't monetise a hobby that should be done voluntarily.

@RonBWL & the translator Kitsune, the heroes we don't deserve. Thank you!

@Kalec they're not doing themselves any favor by releasing such arbitrary and completely off the mark "evidences". Sure there might have been hints of long running feuds that go beyond that accusation but again, they just made themselves look worse than they could've done.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kalec
ORANGE MAN IS BAD GERMAN MAN

@RagnMunkeez
That's the main reason why I directly donate to people I like, rather than allow ads to potentially ruin my computer. I don't mean crap up my OS and make me have to reinstall it, I mean frying components.

@Jolt
You see the same things in groups that make fangames using Nintendo or Squeenix properties. They just can't resist openly flaunting their copyright violations from the highest peak in the land, demanding money, then acting shocked that they got slapped with a C&D order.

Contributor
@RonBWL - You did the right thing mate and this is the spirit behind scanlators. <3

@fuadhika - 100% agree with you, when your hobby become a second job, then is time to move on and leave.

@Alciel - Better to never go to their website, they gain money with hidden scripts.

I already posted this in Chapter 15 discussion but

Hi everyone, this is KitsuneAoi , the translator for Maou-sama retry from Hatigarm since chapter 1. Due to the recent "tea", I wish to go separate ways and continue to translate this in peace. The staffs working on this is the same except it is TSed by Ron, the leader of TOOR now. We will release the old chapter weekly as well since we will have to redo the TS since it wasn't done by us and we can't credit without permission for that. I hope everyone enjoy the new chapter.

PS: Also i take this as an opportunity to finalize the name Marshall Arts to Martial Arts. Marshall was a typo on my part but it turned out to be punny so we decided to keep it. As I progress, the character and the place's name are getting more ridiculous so i decided to stick with the original joke name. That way, if a joke regarding that name comes up, i won't have to improvise.

Sorry for a long post and enjoy

@Alciel you might need to block JavaScript too, they might use JS miner to mine using your CPU while you browse their site.

The more I see that kind of behavior, the more I want to write a scraper for myself that will generate epubs that I can put on my ebook reader to read in the subway :)

Users who are viewing this thread