Maou-sama, Retry!

Yeah I don't think they realize that most of their readers aren't active in their forums or discord so this literally came out of nowhere (For me it was). I think this was suppose to be like a fuck you to mangadex but it honestly feels like a fuck you to the readers. Idk maybe its just me. Literally no sign of it unless u were literally following the drama

@JustNatsuki

True, though a few of them did comment in that thread, as well as other people supporting their side of the debacle (who also avoided that counterstatement). I read the first ~25 pages yesterday and I don't believe the matter of context was brought up by anyone on the side against mangadex, aside from one very confused individual (who professed they did not have context). While my opinion that it is likely to be out of context because no one has defended it is arguably a false choice fallacy, I don't see why MangaDex admins would lie about that, when presumably those conversations are publicly accessible to a degree for the scanlator groups to have been acquired, viewed, screenshotted, and compiled them. I would also consider the comparison to aliens to be an inept comparison; unlike aliens or God(s), where there is no known true proof or disproof, in this situation there are likely logs of discord servers that can be found and verified.

That being said, I do understand that the presumption stands on shaky ground. This is doubly so because some mods have been editing other people's posts or deleting them (on MangaDex at least, I just looked again and saw the Ixlone edit to the initial post among others), which could potentially raise the issue of them deleting some comments from aforementioned conversation history (on Discord). Assuming Ixlone's justification of their edit and banning of the account is true though, that would imply that the scanlator groups, or at least a representative of them, are still monitoring the thread to some extent. Again though, that relies on Ixlone stating the truth.

As for the contents themselves, I would agree that any serious connotation is negative, but it could also be a joke as it's been noted several times that it's nearly impossible for the stars to align in such a fashion to make that occur.

Meh. Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
@RonBWL i know 15 is new, but all these scanlation groups doing their collective sulking is making the wine taste sour, if you know what i mean. also means that they've made it a hella lot more inconvenient to me and other readers because it means w either have to go to their site (which usually has shit readers) or to aggregators (which you can't safely dive in without adblocks)

If I understood that drama thread right then it was basically just different scanlation groups throwing shade at each other, while competing to see who can make themselves look like the biggest jackass. The tantrum crowd won, somehow making holo's snarky and condesending comments look like the completely correct attitude to take because you can't reason with children.

Dex-chan lover
@Poklamez nope basically ppl were complaining to holo about scan groups not uploading to MD so he told them it wasnt his choice and to go complain to the scan groups

@Wolvenworks I know, it left a sour taste to me as well. The only thing Ron and I can do is just re-releasing older chapters and continuing the series. We can do nothing but to hope that the sour taste will eventually be gone. Just like when we started drinking...tattie bitter at first but soon you will forget about it.

wait wtf. I was going to reread this again after seeing the anime PV but WHERE ARE THE OLD CHAPTERS ;-;

@NeetGod Drama. One group sniped a chapter from another, made their end page bashing groups that ask/accept donations to scanalate; those groups wanted to bash them on the chapter comments, MD said no it's against the rules that have been around since they created MD, so do it either as adults between one another in private or make their own endpage countering them; those groups got pissy about being told they can't bash in chapter comments page. Someone than photoshopped/edited a bunch of comments that Holo (supposedly) said on Discord and those groups who got pissy over not being able to bash another group on that chapter comments section latched on and used it as an excuse to not post on MD anymore. Here's the thread about the photoshopped/edited comments: https://mangadex.org/thread/92399/1

It sucks, I know.

There's no need to redo the older chapters imo, they are still available on almost every other manga website I checked.

Power Uploader
@jorgeDS People will demand it regardless, much like how we picked up Bookworm and have to TL both new and older chapters that have been nuked by EGS lol

@turkeysocks will they ever return to MD once they realize doing what they done doenst change a thing they have problem with?

or will they be too embarrassed to return?

Shoutout to the boys and/or girls at TOOR scans for picking up where those childish scanlators left off.

Users who are viewing this thread