Maou to Ore no Hangyakuki

Oh shit, this is finally getting translated. I've been following the raws since the beginning.

I know this is the first chapter and all but are we seriously going with the black and white humans are evil and monsters are good thing with all the humans acting monstrously and with a permanent evil scowl and grin the entire time to let the reader know that humans are evil.
Like if you are gonna do a perspective shift from humans to monsters you could have the humans be wholly ignorant of the monster’s humanity and view their slaughter in the same vain as one would view a pest like a feral cat or something, but nah they just went with having humanity be one sidedly evil.
Like ffs it even highlighted the glasses guys info dump with him repeatedly going ‘humanitys peace’ as he evilly grins like come on!
If you didn’t figure it out I can’t stand that kind of black and white morality, sorry for the text wall rant its just really annoying to me.
Sorry translator for whining about a manga you put effort into translating

@nathirius
You know it's possible that in the next chapters we will see some "nice" human. After all for now the only humans we saw were soldiers and military officers (so the ones that want to eradicate the monsters)

It's possible that the population of human kingdoms are ignorant and are controlled by government via propaganda, many mangas take this point of view.
So before telling that all humans are bad guy we should probably wait to see the next chapters when there will be more humans civilian/scientists/politicians/nobility/adventurers/etc ^^ For now we just saw the antagonists (so the army and maybe the government).

Dex-chan lover
I have one contention with the description, the humans didn't " not try to sugar-coat it". The higher ups framed it as revolution, and offered bribery on top of what they saw as moral superiority. It feels like the Nazis from the recent Wolfenstein games.

@piakuchukiller
I had been considering it, but there are currently several problems:
1) While I can understand enough to read myself, I don't know if that equates to being able to translate it competently. There are a lot of explanation scenes and stuff that I struggle with and I'd probably only be able to give partial TLs at best.
2) In a time when I'm currently looking into getting a job, committing myself to volunteer work doesn't sound like the smartest idea in the world.

Dex-chan lover
Painting everything in black and white is a very childish writing way.
Well, guess it's wrong to expect something mature from shounen.

Double-page supporter
Was wondering why the art seemed so familiar then I clicked the artist. Huh. There is a definite trend there.

@vodkavodka
i have not read the manga
but painting some cases black and white can work especially in the slaves cases like if you ask anyone today about how americans used to make black people slave in inhuman environment wouldn't anyone portray such an act as evil ?
if anything this manga could be criticized for being cliché and rely on fan service to keep any audience interested because oppressed people aren't generally being considered pretty by people who discriminate against them

Group Leader
The cover shows a brilliant-and-strategically placed elements that also functions as a censor bar.

Or in any other words that I could think of, a half-step away from hentai. Might as well go full throttle tho.

Users who are viewing this thread