Maou to Yuusha no Tatakai no Ura de - Ch. 6 - Monster Stampede 5

Dex-chan lover
Why the prince isnt retreating at least to safer place, so they dont need to send a unit to become a meatshield, and they can focus in attacking?

Dex-chan lover
I think this is the third isekai manga i have read (out of thousands, including novels) where the protagonist, despite knowing some good stuff, still has to fight for his life(literally) without "cheetos skills". Noice! The fight against that chicken monster must be really hard, since Verna has already moved his troop three times and no sign of rest~:worry:
Thks for the tl~

Dex-chan lover
Why the prince isnt retreating at least to safer place, so they dont need to send a unit to become a meatshield, and they can focus in attacking?
Aside from what Kryloth mentioned, there's also a morale issue.

Soldier 1: "Hey, the prince is going to retreat so when we're overrun and slaughtered he stays safe."
Soldier 2: "WHEN WE ARE WHAT NOW?!"

For the people in charge to leave to safety after telling everyone to stay, it shows a lack of confidence in the battle.

Further, they don't have long distance communication, so anyone giving orders has to be near the battlefield. Otherwise, they can't see what's going on or give orders fast enough.

Supporter
I'm liking this so far and I like seeing an MC be competent through a few years of hard work. It makes sense that plenty of people have praise for our Spearman, but it has gotten a bit repetitive now that each chapter has featured 2 or 3 characters bringing it up.
I only hope that spending this much time on the battle and frontloading all of this praise will lead to fewer flashbacks and over-expository dialogue in the arc that follows this big ol' battle.

I think this is the third isekai manga i have read (out of thousands, including novels) where the protagonist, despite knowing some good stuff, still has to fight for his life(literally) without "cheetos skills". Noice! The fight against that chicken monster must be really hard, since Verna has already moved his troop three times and no sign of rest~:worry:
Thks for the tl~
Mind telling the other two?
Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
Aside from what Kryloth mentioned, there's also a morale issue.

Soldier 1: "Hey, the prince is going to retreat so when we're overrun and slaughtered he stays safe."
Soldier 2: "WHEN WE ARE WHAT NOW?!"

For the people in charge to leave to safety after telling everyone to stay, it shows a lack of confidence in the battle.

Further, they don't have long distance communication, so anyone giving orders has to be near the battlefield. Otherwise, they can't see what's going on or give orders fast enough.
This talk by the soldiers made me laugh out loud. I was reading a novel the other day where something exactly like this happened~jajajaja :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread