Maria no Danzai - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Is that love or or is it arrogance

Dex-chan lover
The kid managed to get recordings of all the abuse he suffered at their hands & surprised that he managed to hid this from them. Even if they claim it was forged, who is to say what they did wasn't forged as well. Really hope she makes them suffer & I draw comparison to Juujika no Rokunin but hope it doesn't get dragged out as much. Thanks for the translation & look forward to what she has cooking for all of them.

Dex-chan lover
images

His mother when she come to those kids home. Im curious to how shes gonna execute her plan, especially to that "gang" leader. Not even a remorse in his face.

Anywho, Thanks so much for picking this up!

Last edited:
Contributor
I would've gone with “Mary”, as “マリア” [Maria] is the Japanese name for Jesus's mother. Tho, “Maria” is certainly defensible on foreignizational grounds. Most people will not understand the 1:1 naming scheme tho, and I think that's a loss. There's a clear Jesus parallel with Kiritaka.

Edit: As of Chapter 2, I no longer agree with this and think “Maria” is the way to go. (They reveal her maiden first name is literally “Maria”).

As for the chapter itself, there's definitely a straining of suspension of disbelief with the insane bullying (as is often the case), but I think that's not gonna be an issue. If the series is more serious, this will probably just be the inciting incident and not much more. On the other hand, if her revenge becomes insane too, then this was just setting the baseline. Either way it works. Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic. I dunno. We'll see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread