Marry Grave

Sea

Why do the work of actually good authors get axed, while crappy, forced, cliche, dragged on mangas still go on for centuries to come?

Sometimes I wish series would allow authors to continue their series online after it’s been axed by their normal magazine. A lot of these cancellations might have been caused by demographic issues, with stories that could have gone and become greater works if they reached the right audience.

Dex-chan lover
If I become president I'm going to impose a tax on the overly wealthy, that requires all the billionaires to fund these legitimately talented authors & artists stuck in japan's asinine publishing system, so that they can create works the way they were meant to be written.

I called it; said this would get axed a year ago... Stories like this would have worked 10-20 years ago, but in this age, you need something to intrigue the reader into reading for a long period of time. Take One Piece for example: 20 years ago, it was just starting out and the only thing to keep people interested in reading from week to week was whether Luffy became the pirate king and obtaining the final treasure. However, as the story progressed, a lot of questions arose that was capable of keeping most people curious. What did this have to set it apart and keep readers interested?

Dex-chan lover
Absolutely tragic that this got axed and panty shot filled, brainless isekai harem #946 gets to take it's place.
I know that sales are just the way it works and i guess this just wasn't popular, but it had just placed the exposition groundwork for what could have been a really great manga clearly inspired by the classic adventure shounen genre, so this was a huge disappointment.

Dex-chan lover
@RealMahogany
You didn't read my comment clearly, but it's fine that might be my fault so i'll reword that part:
"It's a loss that this manga will be replaced by a brainless harem/isekai"
My whole point of the comment was that this isn't a harem/isekai and that's why it didn't sell and will be replaced with a manga of that type. Probably.

RD

This story deserved so much more! I feel like we were just starting ;-; but anyways, it was still good

Bummed this got canceled, but they definitely should’ve targeted the seinen demographic instead of shounen. The mood of the manga and the subject matter just won’t win over much of a young audience, despite some superficial similarities to stuff like One Piece. A shame we won’t see what the mangaka intended to create.

Everything about this made it seem like it was going to be the Trigun of the modern age, shame it got axed.
Maybe a studio will make an anime of it and finish it that way? I think it would definitely be more popular animated.

I go back after a few years ago and read this again. it's a fact that this manga is very memorable to me

I just found this, fuck you japanese audience, the story has barely got past its first few parts and you guys drop the axe.

I find that the japanese audience seem to have a hate boner now for proper adventure fantasy series as they seem to only exist in seinen/less popular mags. How sad.

I wonder why. Dragon quest maybe?

A story that starts out great and gets even better as it goes along. The art style inspires a nostalgic feeling. I loved the MC and learning more and more about his wife. Talk about a bad-ass woman. It's a tragedy that this was canceled while worse stories thrive. There's been a Marry Grave hole in my heart since it's been gone. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread