Martial Peak

pleaaaaaassseeeee don't read this. even for trash mindless shit. 800+ chapters of this is not worth it. this is beyond brainless.

SGR

Double-page supporter
If you don't like wuxia - don't bother.
If you read wuxia as a guilty pleasure, but think that its tropes and pacing are generally trash - this is PERFECT for you.
If you are a wuxia fan - you've read Martial Peak already, so this comment is useless for you.

It is mostly the same ol' wuxia tropes but with some nice twists on most of them (unfortunately not all).
- Zero-to-hero turns out to not be really a true zero
- There are few power-ups and they tend to be prolific (not one-arc deals)
- Tits are abundant, but meatstick dipping is infrequent
- There are only two True Ships thus far - both established naturally (though it is disappointing that there is more than one True Ship)
- Deus-ex-machina is rare, the author takes care to establish Checkov's guns here and there to make sure that hard fights are mostly won not through stupid luck/external intervention but more often through preparation (even if said preparation is a stroke of luck from 100 chapters prior)
- Lore dumps are SHORT and INFREQUENT in comparison to other long-running wuxia trash
- Shit doesn't take decades to happen. Sometimes it takes months, sometimes a year but rarely ever more than that. It is a refreshing pace, as that allows the support characters to survive transitions between arcs and most of them get actual closure.

There are of course downsides:
- Almost all supporting characters have extreme plot armor.
- The MC's growth is considered too fast for a human being, yet a few key supporting characters don't fall behind. Fortunately this is often through the MC's carry - but when it's not it is kind of jarring.
- Tits are Justice. If tits are evil they are bound to de-villify over the course of an arc or (rarely) get killed off in the same fight they are introduced in.
- All tits want the MC's coq - even lesbian tits.
- Surprising betrayal does not happen.
- Having greater purposes does not happen (well, ok, happened ONCE over 800+ chapters).

All in all - it is a glorious 8.5 stars for a wuxia. But it is barely 7 stars in the wild.

Dex-chan lover
@SGR thank you for that accurate criticism. Among all the wuxia I've read this is one of the best. Alot of people regard this as trash just because it is wuxia. MC is a pervert but he isn't a bastard, he's edgy but not an edgelord and values his friends and family.

I assume 90% of the reason people think this is trash is because Disaster Scans live up to their name too well

Is it worth reading this??
I read like 2 chapters a few weeks ago but i dropped it.
So i want to know your opinion guys :p

@TatoPlayer250 I would say its worth reading it.
Each chapter is rather small so it's more like every 3-5 chapters makes a full chapter.
So its much closer to 170+ chapters instead of 849.
Story-wise its better than most cultivation manga and has a pretty entertaining plot. Be warned some of the villains are pretty simple like MC is strong and taking my glory so I might as well fight him for no reason and lose or the villain sees the MC's girl and they want her so they fight him for the girl and lose.
It can develop some characters then forget about them for a while and then show them back in the story like 100 plus chapters later.(sometimes)
Also, the plot is basically about the MC trying to be the strongest in the universe to protect those he loves and cares about.

Also its better than nothing if you have time to burn and want to have some fun

Be careful of chapter 854 on there site it is a buplaket of 853 waiting to see if they will fix it

Yang got sucked into a damn black hole in space... Damn

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

this is getting much more interesting, never seen space and shit in wuxias, if the author can pull this off this'll be interesting

Mangadex should give reverse ch order button or read first ch button in case of something like this (over 500ch) happen

Users who are viewing this thread